• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No power at fuel pump and gauge pod

Apexpat

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Apex
Doing my preseason maintenance on my 12 Vector. Trickle charged the 2 year old battery, green light after 24 hours of charging. Charged the battery off the leads. Turn key no fuel pump cycle, no power to gauge pod. My first thought was kill switch, I’ve done this before. Nope in the up position. Recycle key again without starting nothing again at fuel pump and gauge pod. As I’m sitting there suddenly the fuel pump cycles and gauge lights come on. Then guage pod suddenly goes black and a few seconds later fuel pump cycles again and power comes back to the gauge pod. All this happened while the key was in the run position. So I turned the key off and turned back to the run position and power this time to both the fuel pump and guage pod. Started the sled up and ran fine. Started a couple more times after that and all good. I know the first start of the year but should have power to the fuel pump and pod. Am I looking at dirty connections at the battery or solenoid? Sled sat in an enclosed trailer over the summer. I hate electrical issues. Sled has low miles great shape.

Hey Tom/Mr Sled thanks for the response. What plug are you referring to? So when I pull the guage pod off and there is an electrical connection at the key you have to separate to remove. You talking that connection?

Have you seen the key switch go bad where it needed replacement? I’ve owned 3 Apex and 2 Vectors since 2003 this is a first for me.

What about the possibility of this being related to one of your grounding blocks starting to corrode? Have you gone thru and followed your harness to inspect all of them?

on my 05 rx war i had an ign switch go bad only in the start position. it broke internally and i carry it as a spare with the key now as i was able to repair it.

What about the possibility of this being related to one of your grounding blocks starting to corrode? Have you gone thru and followed your harness to inspect all of them?
I’ll check the grounding blocks also thanks

Sounds like the ignition switch or plug. Most likely corrosion.
Any tips on cleaning that connection. Is dialectic grease safe for that connection? I’ll pull it apart today and take a look at it.

Just a quick follow up. Pulled everything apart down to the battery. Checked the battery connections, starter relay and ignition connection. Other than the positive connection on the battery a little dirty, everything else looked clean. Maybe just some moisture in the connection from sitting all summer. Started a few times since putting back together and no issues. Photo of battery

Attachments

• IMG_4436.jpeg
    IMG_4436.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 29
Starter relay

Attachments

• IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 28

Back