• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

noise from Cooling fan above right foot

apexmcneil

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Apex LTX
Upgrade GYTR Dual Rate shocks,
Ohlins Rear
Oillite bushing kit
Powercoated Rear skid
Snow Trackers
View My Video

My sled is making a buzz sound when idling, coming from above my right foot, where the cooling fan is. Not sure if anyone else has run into this before.. I hand washed the sled one night, and let it to drip dry outside, -2'c night, sat outside for maybe 15 minute, and the next time i fired the sled up, i got this sound..

Makes me belive something went in the cooling fan, and the motor is trying to work?? but cant spin?

You can faintly hear it in the video.

Regards, B

Can't hear jack snit over exhaust. Can you spin the blade by hand?

if you listen carefully, you can hear the noise.. Its a repetitious noise, can hear it right away, and goes in 1 second intervals.

and yes, i can still spin the blades by hand.

not the reverse buzzer, already disconnected it, didnt make a difference.

So when the sled reaches the hi-temp it makes this noize ? or upon start-up?

Kinda sounds like someone is drummin after the sound?

The sound starts when i start the sled up.. Although, last night, i was out working on it, and plugged the fan, clean the connections, and when i fired the sled up, and tore accross my lake, the fan came on, and the noise stopped.. Im going to assume that was my issue.

Back