• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Noise similar to squeal or squeak

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2-2011 yamaha apex se
Hey everyone when breaking trail or at lower speeds when there seems to be a load on the drive can hear a squeak and or squeal on chaincase side of A 2011 apex se. all bearings were changed in drive and jack shaft late last season and noise is still there goes away on groomed trails and at higher speeds. Thanks for any help.

when I would hear that kind of noise it was belt slippage on the primary check to see if you have a grove in the sheaves. sound sometimes sounds like it is coming from on place when its actually a different area

brakes or park brake dragging?

mine was doing this too , it was the park brake too tight and too worn so was metal on metal just enough to squeak

Yes.. mine is doing this also, kinda like a rubbing noise from chain case side, everything seems fine, greased all my bearings all idler wheels are free,clutches are cleaned with new belt, brakes seem free lots of pad left on both the main and the park, its not that loud but loud enough that you can hear it, can't seem to pin point it, its driving me crazy!!!

Back