• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Noise when letting off the gas when almost stoped

chuckpp

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha srviper ltx dx
I have a noise when I let off the gas and coast to a stop when the clutch or the secondary disengaged
it makes a noise like clank clank clank if i hit the gas it goes away..

Is this normal?

tks

I am thinking you are hearing the chain adjuster clanking a bit. Or the Primary clutch both would be normal. I would say just really look and try making it do it on track stand. Grab,pull prod everything that moves or could make a noise like that. About all you can do.

Or...on mine...you see there is several thou between the ramp and roller so when you back off..coast to stop..you will hear a clunk....I think that is the "stuff" letting the primary fully dis engage ./.really annoying to me to.

When I get my Phazer (99) going again ( I stripped the skid bolt on it so I kicked it in the corner till I stop top get pissed off at that mistake). You see same clutch but I tucked the weights under (machining) and they almost rest on the roller..so when I drive it I will post to see if that fixed that annoying noise..or...I could put that clutch on the SRVIPER to try...

I as well have been wondering about the same noise. How do you check the tension or where I should say is the bolt located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Side of chain case. If stock muffler it has to be removed. Finger tight then 1.5 turns back.

Now are you guys buying the gaskets for the silencer every time you remove your exhaust? I tried the ggb trail can last season and the lead gasket seems to break away easily when disturbing it.

Now are you guys buying the gaskets for the silencer every time you remove your exhaust? I tried the ggb trail can last season and the lead gasket seems to break away easily when disturbing it.

Yes, I check my tensioner and it was fine and made sure it was 1.5 turns out.
Let us know how yours is..

A few places sell copper reusable gaskets. I did however get a good 3 uses out of the stocker. It split in half but still worked fine. No leaks. Just check it carefully to make sure its not leaking since would burn sidepanel or whole sled if worst case.

I cleaned my clutches and belt up after my slow ride last weekend. The whirring noise is now gone or just a little when almost stopped. Could also just be all the gears and chains in chaincase you are hearing. A person gets used to the noises that are normal and never hears them after awhile. But better safe than sorry.

A few places sell copper reusable gaskets. I did however get a good 3 uses out of the stocker. It split in half but still worked fine. No leaks. Just check it carefully to make sure its not leaking since would burn sidepanel or whole sled if worst case.

Great thanks I'll look into that forsure!

Last edited:

Back