• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Bent Front End this one has hit nothing WITH PICTURES

AKrider's caveman method works guys, fixed 2 front ends today, both sleds are now as they were, a arms where they're supposed to be, and the shocks are centered, measurements confirm it as well. I highly recommend doing this if your front end is tweaked ! Thanks again AKrider ;)!

All Nytro Owners: If you have not impacted anything with your Nytro but have notice that the front geometry is not aligned properly please get your Nytros to the dealers to have it fully inspected. Parts have been on back order due to the Nytro being a new model but the orders are being filled on a as requested bases. I have spoken with members that have Nytros that have been uncrated with misalignment. I can only assume it came from the factory that way but please don’t quote me on that. I met with a member this week that had one and based on inspected the sled there was not sign of impact.

I have 1500 miles on my Nytro with no signs of damage after taking my sled thru many different trail conditions. I even hit a ice drop out on the trails that would normally toss you over the bars. So lets not panic. Any sled put under the right conditions can be damaged.

Yea have 500 HARD miles and mine is like new!! I have jumped and beat this sled. LOVE THIS SLED!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skydog

One thing I have not seen mentioned here is the ole' railroad track hit. Many people never even pay attention to these. Even at a very slow speed this type of hit has cracked many a RX-1 Bulkhead and bent many A-Arms. No matter how good they make em, things can be bent and broken.

I don't have any damage to mine, but for those of you who have bent yours, and are taking a prybar to it:
Can you have somebody watch the frame and a-arms to see what pieces are actually bending? I hate to disagree with anybody, but I have to think that the flimsy looking steel plates that the a-arms are attatched to would be what is bending? I could see where a simple gusset plate and/or additional bracketry would help to eliminate this issue.
The a-arms really don't look any lighter duty thatn any other sled out there, and I have yet to see a picure of an a-arm that looks bent. All I've been seeing are shocks that arent centered in the arms, which leads me to think that its the mounts that need the strength.

I think I spoke too soon with my last post regarding this issue. I had al the panels off of it to coat with WD, and got to poking around and noticed my left shock sits further back than the right. Now I ride hard, but I dont' think I've ever landed hard on the front end, and short of hitting a few trail signs on the last ride around here (drifting very badly made it hard crossing driveways - I clipped a few..)I havent had any impacts to speak of. I took about an hour, pulled all the plastics off, inspected almost every part that I could see, and couldn't find where anything could be tweaked or stressed. I did the level and measure trick, and had one side at 4 1/2 inches and the other at 5 1/2. I also noticed that my a-arm bushings are sloppy, and the lower ball joints have alot of play. All along I thought I had no issues, and the last ride I logged about 200 miles. I now have a total of around 880 miles, and most all of those were from 2 TY rides in Munising. Ditch banging may account for about 200 of these.
I'd like to find out what outcome everybody has been seeing from this issue. I trust that Iowa City Motorsports will be more than helpfull, but it still kind of sucks and makes me not want to ride it anymore.

Back