• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Bent Front End this one has hit nothing WITH PICTURES

08nytro23 said:
hey guys this sucks if this is really happening to you. i work at a dealer and we have yet to see any nytros with bent sub frames,a-arms,spindles.

we have demos with 500 miles on them and no problems and we ride hard. in talking 2 to 3 foot bumps moguls whatever. we live in maine and we dont get snow like out west. i hope if this is a problem yamaha takes care of it. and im sure they will. :yam:

who do you work for? I live in Maine and looking for a dealer that cares if there is a problem. Mine just told me that hey people want things lighter you should expect it to be weaker. He never even asked to see it. So I had to call Yamaha myself.

BLUEBALLER said:
how much and how many bushings are included in your kit. i've been trying to source some out and was wondering if there is room for a longer ones than stock to help relieve some of the pressure(top a-arms). they make them in metric sizes and different tolerances so it should be pretty easy to find something to work(flange style). my upper a-arm ones are completely gone, sounds like metal on metal, just by giving them a shake.

I recieved a total of 12 bushings. You get eight large bushings for the lower a-arms and 4 small bushings for the uppers. A guy could make wider bushings for the upper a-arms but it will be costly. The raw stock, oil-lite material is very expensive and the bushings are custom made. I recommend using a ball joint/u-joint press for the installation. It makes it very easy. You can hammer them in but you take the chance of breaking off the outer flange. You'll also want to install zerk fittings while your in there.

Well I've read all 13 pages, and the bottom line is whatever the cause, Yamaha needs to beef things up to keep everyone happy. The cause doesn't matter (catching a carbide, hitting a drift...) Bottom line; front end damage is too common on these sleds. I think we all need to realize that an extra 10 - 20# wouldn't get noticed by most, bent parts do. I think we are all accustomed to the exceptional ability of our past sleds to take hits, and no one wants to give that up. I personally want whatever amount of weight necessary added so that I don't have to worry. The Nytro is a few small tweaks from being THE 4 stroke dream sled. IMO

Yep my Yamaha Dealer said his Yamaha Rep. said they are bending alot and there will be a update this spring / summer!! :) :)

Skydog

Attachments

• rage1.JPG
    rage1.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 85
  • rage 2.JPG
    rage 2.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 91
  • rage 3.JPG
    rage 3.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 80
Skydog said:
Yep my Yamaha Dealer said his Yamaha Rep. said they are bending alot and there will be a update this spring / summer!! :) :)

Skydog

That's great that they're saying they will update it, but spring/summer is far too late for the huge number of those out there who need one now !

AKrider said:
BLUEBALLER said:
how much and how many bushings are included in your kit. i've been trying to source some out and was wondering if there is room for a longer ones than stock to help relieve some of the pressure(top a-arms). they make them in metric sizes and different tolerances so it should be pretty easy to find something to work(flange style). my upper a-arm ones are completely gone, sounds like metal on metal, just by giving them a shake.

I recieved a total of 12 bushings. You get eight large bushings for the lower a-arms and 4 small bushings for the uppers. A guy could make wider bushings for the upper a-arms but it will be costly. The raw stock, oil-lite material is very expensive and the bushings are custom made. I recommend using a ball joint/u-joint press for the installation. It makes it very easy. You can hammer them in but you take the chance of breaking off the outer flange. You'll also want to install zerk fittings while your in there.

Here is one distributer of many. I just need specs on what's currently in there. I will take some measurements of mine, but if someone already has the specs, it would be mucho appreciated. One website listed them at like $2 or $3 a piece, so I'm not sure why someone would pay $100 for 12 bushings, but hey, it's only money right!

http://www.beemerprecision.com/bearings ... id=7&pnum=

BLUEBALLER said:
Here is one distributer of many. I just need specs on what's currently in there. I will take some measurements of mine, but if someone already has the specs, it would be mucho appreciated. One website listed them at like $2 or $3 a piece, so I'm not sure why someone would pay $100 for 12 bushings, but hey, it's only money right!

From your link, it looks like they do not go as small as required?

Here are a bunch of images of my front end showing the stock bushings, a-arm mounts, a-arms, and my caveman method of straightening my front end.

Oh, I should add, you need to install the plastic close off pieces before the top a-arms go on. But, it is easier to align everything with them left off.

HPIM1911.jpg

HPIM1912.jpg

HPIM1913.jpg

HPIM1914.jpg

HPIM1895_2.jpg
top mount
HPIM1896_2.jpg
bottom mount
HPIM1897.jpg
bottom mount
HPIM1899.jpg

HPIM1904.jpg
sub frame mounted to cast aluminum spars
HPIM1905.jpg

HPIM1906.jpg
pry bar
HPIM1907.jpg

If your spindle is out of alignment and the a-arm tubes are not
creased or pretzeled up, this will fix it even though looks primitive!
HPIM1910.jpg
Top view of a-arms, the shocks and spindles were all back into alignment.

BLUEBALLER said:
Srxspec said:
AKrider said:
What I found most interesting is when I replaced all my bushings with much higher quality oil-lite bushings, the misalignment measurements actually decreased. My a-arms are now completely rock solid, no movement, no slop.

AKrider said:
I got my bushings from Gueco Racing.
(907) 694-1600 or (907) 841-2345

Gueco Racing buys the oilite bushings from us here at Ulmer Racing. I only have a few sets left in stock for this season, but will have more available for this spring.

$60 for a set of 12.

NB-NYTRO said:
crazy.... taking a prybar to a new $10,000 sled.... :o|

You're right, it is crazy that it's come to this, but sometimes, ya gotta do what ya gotta do ! Either this, wait forever for a fix, or don't ride at all. I choose door #1.

Srxspec said:
BLUEBALLER said:
Srxspec said:
AKrider said:
What I found most interesting is when I replaced all my bushings with much higher quality oil-lite bushings, the misalignment measurements actually decreased. My a-arms are now completely rock solid, no movement, no slop.

AKrider said:
I got my bushings from Gueco Racing.
(907) 694-1600 or (907) 841-2345

Gueco Racing buys the oilite bushings from us here at Ulmer Racing. I only have a few sets left in stock for this season, but will have more available for this spring.

$60 for a set of 12.

That is an awesome deal!!!! :Rockon:

AKrider said:
BLUEBALLER said:

From your link, it looks like they do not go as small as required?

Here are a bunch of images of my front end showing the stock bushings, a-arm mounts, a-arms, and my caveman method of straightening my front end.

Oh, I should add, you need to install the plastic close off pieces before the top a-arms go on. But, it is easier to align everything with them left off.

thanks for the pics. I think they will work. don't forget, those specs are in millimeters and you're measuring in centimeters. part #FFM1822-25
should be the part # for the top ones. I'll verify with calipers and when I order the right ones, I'll post the part # for anyone that's interested. I agree, $60 is a good price for anyone not wanting to go through all the hassle.

Back