• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro clutching/gearing

crusen32

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha nytro k&n intake,jardine slip on under tunnel exhaust, pc3
Hi i have a 13 nytro shorty that was 1-1/4 track that i stretched to 137” and 1-3/4 also have full exhaust k&n intake mostly all trail riding whats best clutch kits snd best gearing for this combo ??

I’d stick with the stock gearing, but lots to gain with clutching. Do you have any experience clutch tuning? I built my own kit with Dalton parts, but Ulmer racing has a bolt in and go kit with great adjustability if you’re not a clutch tuner. Thunder Products should also have a good setup. Both companies I’ve mentioned are site sponsors.

So stock gearing even though the longer track and no im not really familiar with clutch tuning i will check both of those manufacturers out

It really depends on where you use the sled the most. If it’s mostly off trail? Sure, drop a tooth up top. If it’s mostly on trail? Keep it. Factory Nytro gearing was already fairly low as is.

Last edited:
I’ve got a Nytro MTX that I converted to a more trail friendly sled. We put XTX gearing in it and I had Thunder products clutch it, had no issues for 3 years and ~2500-3000 miles. Made the sled completely different from stock and really helped it, actually just had thunder products go through the clutches this summer and nothing was out of the ordinary.
Highly suggest Tim and Terry at thunder products!

So stock gearing even though the longer track and no im not really familiar with clutch tuning
I’ve got a Nytro MTX that I converted to a more trail friendly sled. We put XTX gearing in it and I had Thunder products clutch it, had no issues for 3 years and ~2500-3000 miles. Made the sled completely different from stock and really helped it, actually just had thunder products go through the clutches this summer and nothing was out of the ordinary.
Highly suggest Tim and Terry at thunder products!
I messaged them to see what they suggest thank you guys

Back