• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro clutching

terez

Expert
I want to incorporate the "comfort kit" approach to my clutching but also a more aggressive overall clutch setup.

I see SB kits incorporate smaller rollers with both their comfort kit and stage 2 kit.

Can I assume their stage 2 kit lowers engagement rpm and abruptness as well as better up/backshift and accelaration?

Nobody elses kit seems to use different rollers??

Can you use the 14.5mm rollers with any clutch kit to soften the abrupt engagement without affecting other aspects of clutching?
I guess what I mean is does the change smaller rollers give isolated to the engagement only??

I like the SB kit other than it seems to use the oem weights which aren't as tuneable as the Supertips??

I have the SB stage 2. Does lower engagement at a lower RPM. I don't think is used the OEM weights. Call SB and ask them. They will give ya the info you want. ;)!

I have the Schmidt bros comfort kit. Smaller rollers and different primary spring(no color coding on it so not sure what it is). Lower engagement because of the rollers, better belt grab for stronger mid range pull although you don't notice a lot more pull. If I switch to the stage two which I am planning to do in the summer they will reduce the price of the stage two by the price of the comfort kit because the same rollers and primary spring are used in both setups. Stage two they will supply and recommend weight setups for rider weight, riding style and conditions as well as your particular sled mods. Also secondary spring and helix for better shifting acceleration and possibly more top end. If you want to try some things on your own you can put in the 14.5 rollers and go to a ypy spring in the primary which will give you the comfort clutch setup and increase the wrap one hole in the secondary it will help with the shifting somewhat. That setup will likely drop your rpms abit though. 200 or 300

I already had installed the 14.5mm rollers on my MTX with stock clutching. I went with an Ulmer clutch kit and left the 14.5mm rollers on. I told Allen my set up and he sent the weights, springs, helix and it was bang on! The sled pulls hard. I have low engagement and all the other benefits of good clutching.

RX1MPete said:
I already had installed the 14.5mm rollers on my MTX with stock clutching. I went with an Ulmer clutch kit and left the 14.5mm rollers on. I told Allen my set up and he sent the weights, springs, helix and it was bang on! The sled pulls hard. I have low engagement and all the other benefits of good clutching.

What's your engagement and max rpm?

I put the SB stage 2 on this year. I had the chance to run the sled right before and right after and the difference is awesome. The low engagement is right above cold start rpm so it rolls of the line smooth but pulls hard throughout. Only think is I lost 200 rpm on the top and at in the mid. Once I get that back it should be spot on.

I can't remember engagement....I haven't paid attention. It is much lower than it was. It was crazy to load in the enclosed trailer and going in reverse. It tops out at 8900.

Back