• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro FX standard vs RTX

unchained

Expert
Basically FOX floats compared to GYTR fronts and the rear has a resovoir/dual clicker on the front arm---right?
I have noticed the front shock springs on my std are wound to the max and it feels like it when you push on the front bumper----the rear feels real soft from pushing on the rear bumper. I remember my friends earlier REV's being set-up real similiar and to me it makes perfect sense. Most of the weight including the rider is being carried by the front ski and middle track shocks. I wonder if it would be better to relocate the rear track shock resovoir to the middle track shock of the std FX to reduce fading since the middle track shock is vital in these rider forward chassis? Just a thought......

For the RTX, Floats up front, and both shocks in the rear have resovoirs and compression/rebound adjustment!! As far as the center shock goes, you could always add a rez-e to it and/or get your shocks revalved!?!?

Ok... dont get hung up on the other differences-- I assumed there were a few other things, but what I mean is the front GYTR remote resovoir adjustable compression and rebound shocks may turn out to be better suited for the chassis. The middle resovoir/dual clicker shock on the RTX would have been the main reason to get an RTX over the std IMO. Otherwise I have heard more negative than positive about FOX FLoats so far. Not trying to jab the RTX guys, just thought about this after reading a ride review from HCS.com

I purchased the std model instead of the RTX because I didn't want the Fox Floats. But I knew it would be a trade off since I wouldn't get as good of shocks in the back.

[/u]

rockrider said:
I purchased the std model instead of the RTX because I didn't want the Fox Floats. But I knew it would be a trade off since I wouldn't get as good of shocks in the back.

[/u]
I actually didnt get the RTX because I didnt think I could get it in yellow/white PLUS I really didnt want the Floats over the GYTR's.....

I purchased the RTX so I could have the better suspension package for the type of riding I mainly do, not to mention resale is going to be better for this model as well. I always buy the sled with better big bump capability underneath it because it's easier to soften up a suspension too hard than it is to harden up a suspension too soft.

i got the standard because i had the floats all ready and figured i could always get the rear shocks revalved if it was to soft.i will try both gyts and floats and use the one i like best

I got the standard because I prefer the GYTR's over the air shocks. Anyone who rode one said they prefered the base FX over the RTX demos. However it might be a different story if yamaha changed the valving on the production units.

I initially wanted to trade my Floats for GYT-R's, but got talked out of it. The list of pros and cons were about the same. To me, it wouldn't have made that big of a difference to follow through with the trade. It seems that the Floats are better suited for the big hits which concern me the most! A friend of mine just put Rez-e's from Hygear on his Floats. He is about 25-30 lbs higher than what he ran last season. I was pushing down on his front bumper and it's crazy how plush it feels on top, but gets stiffer as it goes down!! And, it pops right back up!!!!! All in all, it's rider preference!!! Whatever suits you and you feel more comfortable adjusting to achieve the ride your looking for is what's important. This will definitely come up a lot more as winter goes on!! Guys with both shocks are going to have a lot of great input for us to try out!! ;)!

I bought the standard because I don't like the fox floats. I thought the rtx was also geared lower than the std.

I just realized last night that the rear shock resovoir is actually part of the shock. I was pondering if it made more sense to move it to the front arm shock. Guess I will have to just purchase one for the middle arm shock if fading becomes an issue......

I wouldn't get rid of them until you actually ride with them. There are plenty of people out there who want them and would buy them after 1 season of riding.

Everybody has to remeber this is a new chasis, and what works on other sleds may or may not work on this one. Everybody says that floats are worth crap on a REV, but they seem to work good on certain Yamis.

Back