• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Gauge Replacement

The Apex gauge won't read correctly. I remember another thread earlier in the year. And that fellow was using a Apex gauge and everything worked, but the RPM's read wrong. You have to use the Vector gauge. I really like the looks of it.

This is how I did the Vector gauge mounting to the FX Nytro panel. I bought a RAM mount and located it and now have an adjustable gauge!

Drilled the hole pattern into the stock gauge location.
MettlerBigBoost041.jpg

Made an aluminum "backing plate" to give the plastic a little rigidity.
MettlerBigBoost042.jpg

Base installed.
MettlerBigBoost043.jpg

MettlerBigBoost044.jpg

Then I measurened the hole center to center and drilled it into the other end of my RAM mount.
MettlerBigBoost045.jpg

MettlerBigBoost046.jpg

Installed the rubber grommets and screws!
MettlerBigBoost047.jpg

Short, tall position!
MettlerBigBoost049.jpg

MettlerBigBoost048.jpg

Extended reach position!
MettlerBigBoost050.jpg

MettlerBigBoost051.jpg

stopdropanroll said:
Allen, good thought on the mount, how bouncy do you think it will be? I know there isnt allot of suport on that plastic panel.

It seems to be pretty solid actually. I thought it would bounce as well, but with the hoods, etc on it all seems to be pretty stable. Only time will tell!

I think the turbo gauges would have to be mounted in front of it probably.

I think this is a really cool idea, but is anybody bothered by the miles starting at 0? I'm just thinking down the road when it comes time to upgrade/sell, your mileage will be wrong...how would this effect resaleability?

Skeeterzx225 said:
I think this is a really cool idea, but is anybody bothered by the miles starting at 0? I'm just thinking down the road when it comes time to upgrade/sell, your mileage will be wrong...how would this effect resaleability?
I was thinking the same thing! Is the mileage stored in the ECU like on modern vehicles? I would like to do this mod as well, still don't understand why Yamaha skimped on it with the Nytro??

I can agree with that to a point..... about milage but what I would do in that case is keep the old cluster from the sled and offer that to the new owner, just to show your being honest and up front why you did the mod...... BESIDES its a 4 stroke miles dont matter to these sleds ......

How have these been holding up since you installed it?

giving this thread a bump!
Ive been doing some more research for gauges and came across this thread in search (great tool for finding things on here...;)...)
anyways I was wondering how the vector gauges have been holding up for the people that have installed them? still working? is it worth it?
Im wanting to be able to read my tach for better tuning this upcomming winter and the nytro one just doesnt do it for me... any and all input is greatly appreciated!!! :4STroke:

Re: How have these been holding up since you installed it?

natedawgedog said:
giving this thread a bump!
Ive been doing some more research for gauges and came across this thread in search (great tool for finding things on here...;)...)
anyways I was wondering how the vector gauges have been holding up for the people that have installed them? still working? is it worth it?
Im wanting to be able to read my tach for better tuning this upcomming winter and the nytro one just doesnt do it for me... any and all input is greatly appreciated!!! :4STroke:

It's holding up great! WAY easier to read the tach, you can see what your RPMs are with just a quick glance. The power band on a Nytro just happens to be with the needle pointing straight up. Or just a hair to the right from straight up if you have some mods done.
The gauge is a little spendy, but I like it so much that I wouldn't think twice about putting another one on! ;)!

Bill

yea I read that in an earlier post you put up there, it is really spendy, but being able to read everything clearer would be great piece of mind! its 598.98 on yamaha's website parts look up page, ouch!

as far as you could tell are all the readouts accuracy worse/better/same than the nytro gauge?

Back