• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro lug height question

tippmannator

VIP Member
Im ridig. 2013 xtx that came stock with the 1.75" track....what is the tallest lug I can throw in without pricey mods?

XTX can get away with 2"lugs but you'd have to go to smaller drivers (from 9 to 8 x 2.86") and different gearing.

MTX would be a 2.25" lug with a 7 tooth 3" pitch driver (and IMHO, this works very well in most eastern off trail conditions). Some guys have stretched the track's to a 2.6 powerclaw (also 3" pitch), which apparently fits Nytro, but clearance between cooler and track gotta be tight.

I think regardless, your gonna have to press new drivers on and gear accordingly, but that's about it. The combo should be sub $400.

Lots of options but as always......depends on what you want.

OTM

I put 2" camoplast mountain track in my xtx, they only thing I had to do was cut the tunnel rails out. The one's that are welded on the cooler just have to be careful not to cut the weld to close to the cooler, would make it leak. I left the same drive gears and everything worked fine. They was a couple times a large chunk of ice would fall into the track and sound like a bomb went off but I would just stop throw in reverse and shoot it out, clearance is like 3/8'", little close but I never had an ice dam on the cooler like I did last year, and I could pull the nose up pretty much whenever I wanted, and kept my 100mph speed

With 7 tooth drivers a 2.5/2.6 track fits no problem.
That is true but then you lose the top end unless you want to change your gearing all around, I run upper WI and U.P. this way I get to keep all my top speed running around trails and still have a decent lug height for off trail

I ride a mix of on/off trail and find that in the light fluffy snow my skid just washes out and or trenches bad.... it was also suggested on the TY side to tighten the limiter strap one notch to change approach angle...thoughts?

Larryh: do you have any photos of the area you cut out? Im lookong in my tunnel and not sure what your speaking of.

Back