• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro MTX over rev

YamaChris

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MTX 162
I need a little clutching advice. 2010 MTX SE had a Hauck manifold and Hauck clutching and gearing when I got it. I added Stealth muffler last year and I was on the rev limiter all year. 9400+ when pinned from a start at low elevations and 9200+ when held open from cruising in the midrange. Did not run it at higher elevations last year.

As far as I can tell I have for low elevation: 39* Helix 60* twist (cant see spring color on secondary), G-W-G primary with 8FS wts and looks like 4.5 outer and mid and 2.7 inner rivets. High elevation I have 8FS wts and looks like 2.4 in mid and outer holes, inner empty.

Before I added the muffler I was in the 9000-9100 range. I am debating adding a some ignition and fuel tuning, so I need a little room with the setup in case I find more HP. I also need a good starting point with my high elevation weights.

I am trying to include the pictures of my rivets for confirmation of my current set up.
Low Elevation.jpg High Elevation.jpg

Any ideas for direction to get my RPMs down? Am I right on the rivet sizes? I can't exactly match them to the picture that is often used.rivets.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Back