• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro mufller removal???

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
So I have everything taken apart and the last thing to do to get the muffler off the exhaust pipe is to simply slide it off. NOT - the clamp is off, the rear bolts are removed and it wont budge. My next move is going to be to heat up the inlet flange of the muffler with a propane torch to see if it will expand enough to let loose. Any suggestions on what to do?

That's what I had to do. Heat it up and wiggle. There is a sleeve style gasket between the muffler expanded inlet and the pipe so be careful not to wreck it. I drilled the rivets out of the muffler bracket and
subframe(heat shield) so I could get to it from the top. Rivet #53 3ea side. Maybe you've done that already.

Attachments

• 176357_FRAME (Medium).gif
    176357_FRAME (Medium).gif
    42.7 KB · Views: 96
I had this same problem twice now. i bought a new gasket last season, used antiseeze and she still was stuck. i ended up taking a small pry bar and pending the four tabs on the muffler off the header/gasket. this losened it up nice with minimal effort. then a nice deadblow plastic hammer to the front side of the muffler and she will start to slide backwards. I didnt use heat at all.

have the heat shield off already. I guess I am just going to have to break out the torch and start heating things up and see what happens.

Just took one off a sled right off the showroom flow with a few min of idle time etc. no miles. still hard to get off. little pry on the prongs and it came right t off

Back