• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro primary won't engage

01blackspeeper

Extreme
My buddy's nytro just started doing this. It will sit there and just free spin like there is nothing there and the clutch won't move. After a little revving it will finally take off but it always slips now. Is there bearings or something that need to be replaced or something like that.

I'd pull clutch cover.check cams for wear. Check rollers. See if they are loose. If they are they are worn bushings out. Also flip cover over and slip on to see how mush play in cover bushing there is. Just a few start points without seeing it eyes on.

x2 on the primary rebuild. just had to do this on brothers high milage/abused sled.

might get away with a tear down and cleaning as it might just be full of belt dust or corrosion. had a few sleds i rescued that the primarys stuck until i took them apart and cleaned them.

While you're cleaning up the primary, don't forget to service the secondary and change the drive belt. 10-1 says the belt is worn from all that spinning and no go. Service it all...they work together.

So I looked at it today and compared my clutch to his. I can move mine in and out when pushing on it and doesn't catch nice and smooth. His is a bitch to move and catches alot and won't return all the way and is slow to come back. What should I do guys never worked on a clutch before.

Search this site. Topics to search:
- remove belt
- remove primary
- clean clutches

Plenty of info and pictures are found here

Back