• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro vs skidoo 800

jamieren

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
2010 Nytro MTX
So, after a few offers I finally traded saddles with a 'dooer. What a surprise! Honestly, I expected more. In my mind 20hp + 100lbs lighter = a big difference. In reality though, opening the throttle on either machine is a rush! There is a little more push I admit - but it's hardly noticeable, and it is somewhat easier to maneuver in the ditch (partly because his swaybar is disconnected). The difference you see in the drag videos looks far more dramatic than you can feel standing on the running boards. I'm happy to stick with the Nytro.

My neighbor did a full hindle exhaust and programmer along with a Ulmer clutch kit and he has had it clocked at 115 on the GPS. It will run down any 800 2 smoker. I saw him do it a few times last year. With a few mods a nytro can be a very fast machine.

You'll be even happier when he has to do a full rebuild before yours is even broken in. :sled1:

It is a true shame that Yamaha doesnt produce the Nytro anymore

On the other hand, the a arms seem to be pathetic. I just kinked my second one last night - hit a steel pipe in the ditch, and I didn't even hit it square, just glanced off it. I'm getting really sick of this. Am I just unlucky, or is this to be expected?

Low snow conditions?

Doo's aren't any better when it comes to bending nuns. They are a weak link, and aluminum, at least our steel ones are easy to weld gussets into.

Low snow conditions?
Yes about 6".

What are the chances of pounding that a arm back to it's original position with a sledge & a piece of wood - or would I chance bending something else in the process? The ski is only pushed back about 1".

You'll be even happier when he has to do a full rebuild before yours is even broken in. :sled1:
That was my original thinking in buying the Nytro, but the chassis repairs from wrecks every few weeks are killing me! I see so many guys with their machines parked all winter and think it's such a waste. They won't ride until there's 12" or more of snow.

And that's why they wait till there is snow. Is arms just tweaked or are they actually bent?

If you look at it from the side, it is twisted upwards about 10 degrees, and you can tell it's out of alignment because the shock and spring is almost touching the rear bar of the upper a arm. It's not like the first time though, the paint is not cracked or anything & it doesn't look bent back like that either.

My right side shock is closer to my a arm at the back than the left. Been like that for 2 full seasons now, it handles fine, if it ever gets worse I will repair it then. If there are no ill effects why fix it?

My dealer takes a long bar sticks it between arms and bends them back till the shock is centered again. If that helps. If it's bent other than that yes should replace

Back