• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro will not go past 130km

As stated earlier it sounds like you are hitting the revlimiter.
If you have that much play in your roller's who knows what might be binding and causing over rev.
I don't advise screwing it tight on the stand for any reason and it will not duplicate the same load any way????
Sea foam and get your clutches rebuilt ar at least checked out.

rage man said:
no didnt do any clutch work or programmer but i did put a full excell system on checked my roller in primary all have pretty severe play 1/8 to 1/4 movement when u grab the roller with you thumb an index finger an move it up an down or in an out

If the bushings are as loose as you say, your clutch is definitely binding under load. Don't run the sled anymore as you risk damaging the main clutch and clutch cover bushings, and when they fail, it could lead to damaging the shaft of the primary.

You'll need new bushings and new bushing shafts. It may be cheaper to order the Alternate Clutch Tune Up Kit rather than the bushings, bolts, and washers separately. This kit also includes the main clutch and clutch cover bushings.

When I had a similar issue, I had reduced belt life and some squealing at engagement.

I'm no clutch guru, but the 1/8" to 1/4" play in your rollers defiantly shouldn't be there.install new rollers nuts bolts and pins.

ya thanks red an viper will do i alread had tje rollers ordered before i took it out but they wont be here untill monday :( just alittle bit longer till im sledding lol

Rollers sound like they've definitely expired. IMO your full exhaust is going to lean you out too much. You should consider a PC or a fuel programmer. My XTX with mods this year I'm looking at 167+ on the dream meter. That's almost 20 km more than last year. Couldn't do it without a programmer

You definitely need a fuel programmer like said earlier. You will never see full potential of the Exhaust upgrade. Sled is running lean for sure. I have seen this mentioned a few times in the last few years with guys buying a full exhaust and no programmer. The guys selling you these kits should be telling you have to have it. I have the auto tune plus the PCV and there are times my programmer has added 20% more fuel in spots.

wow ya Ur right i was going to buy a pcv an auto tune but there pretty expensive an i was told it would be fine the Yamaha fuel injection wont compensate for it ? also i remember a post on the apex where you could get into the fuel management an rich an lean yourself is that possible on the Nytro

The only increase of fuel is at idle. There is a technique where you can adjust your idle fuel % settings on your cluster. This will not do anything in your case. Fuel programmers such as the PCIII or PCV allow to add or subtract fuel at all power settings. In my case there is a maximum of 8% fuel increase at 9000rpm's.

Nytro is a speed density tune, it will not compensate. You need a mass airflow sensor and o2 sensors to compensate for fuel (like your truck or car). The nytro adds fuel based on rpm and throttle position. I checked into this further and a full exhaust will be lean by 5% at top rpm and a massive 25% in the mid (this is from the hurricane MAP with lid mod).

Thats what Im asking - where are you getting your readings from with the pcv's?

Ive never used one. Are you just using provided maps you find around the net or doing custom ones?

You can run just a PCV without the auto tune . You just need a map for your specific exhaust system. I think Ulmer's map is done with K&N filters and excel exhaust so that is where you would need to get the map from. Hurricane is a Hindle system with air box filters in the lid and is mapped accordingly . Both maps are different. I have a Hindle full exhaust and the Hurricane map but I got a good deal on a used auto tune and tried it out. I leave it running all the time now after I made a few changes to the base map. Now the Hurricane or Ulmer map will be fine running just on it's own, there are 100's of guys out there running just the PCV and no Auto Tune. The auto tune just fine tunes the fuel for that day and the specific type of conditions you are riding in. It will only compensate 20% +/- for any given base map that you are using. It like having a dyno on the sled at all times. .

I wish I could get a app for the phone so I could change between maps on the trail to really see how much of a difference there is between the Hurricane map and my current map. That would be the best way of telling.

You can get a switch to switch maps on the fly but I think you will need the LCD screen also. Not 100% on that but I know you can get a switch to change maps.

Back