• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro xtx 153?

Ak nytro

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Fx Nytro XTX 1.75 maverick track, Hartman exhaust.
Looking to go with a 153 power claw track and a cat skid under my nytro xtx any thoughts or advice before I take the plunge? I ride 50/50 trail/ boondock

I got a 2011 MTX with a M8 153 Float skid and love it! If you do go that route let me know and I can help you out with the mounting locations. I had to cut some of the inner tunnel supports out up front to let the new front torque arm mount up. I have the skid out right now so I'll take a few pics for you. Check out my build in the Nytro Mountain section for some other pictures of the skid.

I got a 2011 MTX with a M8 153 Float skid and love it! If you do go that route let me know and I can help you out with the mounting locations. I had to cut some of the inner tunnel supports out up front to let the new front torque arm mount up. I have the skid out right now so I'll take a few pics for you. Check out my build in the Nytro Mountain section for some other pictures of the skid.

Thanks edge_ 232, I'm not sure if mounting holes are in the same location on a mtx as they are a xtx. I need to look at both. Did you haft to move mounting holes?

Yep I had to adjust the mount holes in front & back. I did make new rear drop brackets out of 6061 aluminum which bolt right into the stock spots with the correct hole location for the cat skid. I can email you the template for that & measure the front mount holes as well.

AK Nytro
Edge, Nikolai, and many others including me have done the changeover to AC skid, and like Edge said, both front and back mounts must be changed regardless of whether its an MTX or XTX Nytro. There is a whole thread dedicated to the project.

www.ty4stroke.com/threads/the-arcitc-cat-float-suspension-thread.109029/

There are subtle differences between all our approaches and installs, but basically the AC skid is a winner in the Nytro. Its easily a 25lbs lighter skid and has one of the longest and flattest approach angles out there meaning it gets on top of the snow really well. It's the one thing I noticed immediately and makes a huge difference in how this sled handles the deep.

Not sure what track you are planning to use, but if you go to a 2.25" paddle, you will also need to drop to 7 tooth drivers to make it fit, but lots of choices in the aftermarket for that. Just keep it in mind because the front hole location will be slightly higher for a 7 tooth and slightly lower if you run an 8, and it's self evident when you put the track on.

The one thing I should have done was make a steel jig to put the drive axle, front mount and rear mount to test my install. Mine worked out but it would have been nice to see how some subtle changes affected it's overall performance. JMO.

OTM

AK Nytro
Edge, Nikolai, and many others including me have done the changeover to AC skid, and like Edge said, both front and back mounts must be changed regardless of whether its an MTX or XTX Nytro. There is a whole thread dedicated to the project.

www.ty4stroke.com/threads/the-arcitc-cat-float-suspension-thread.109029/

There are subtle differences between all our approaches and installs, but basically the AC skid is a winner in the Nytro. Its easily a 25lbs lighter skid and has one of the longest and flattest approach angles out there meaning it gets on top of the snow really well. It's the one thing I noticed immediately and makes a huge difference in how this sled handles the deep.

Not sure what track you are planning to use, but if you go to a 2.25" paddle, you will also need to drop to 7 tooth drivers to make it fit, but lots of choices in the aftermarket for that. Just keep it in mind because the front hole location will be slightly higher for a 7 tooth and slightly lower if you run an 8, and it's self evident when you put the track on.

The one thing I should have done was make a steel jig to put the drive axle, front mount and rear mount to test my install. Mine worked out but it would have been nice to see how some subtle changes affected it's overall performance. JMO.

OTM
Thanks for all the info guys.

Back