• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX and belt issues

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX
My sons Nytro is a B@$%h on belts..4 belts last season and 1 so far this year already..alignment is fine ..using the gates extreme..
any thoughts.?
:o|

only happens when riding at 3/4 throttle or more for lake rips..

Might want to try an OEM belt, they're much harder. Other than that you might want to give them a good cleaning and visual inspection.

X2 on OEM belt. They are a hard belt. I don't know how many miles you have on that sled, but you might want to give the clutches a good look over for any bushing issues and a good cleaning.

Good luck I'am jealous your riding already.

Pete

belt

Thanks guys
I'll try the OEM belts again approx 3000 miles on sled,not alot and clutches seem ok but will strip them down over next couple days to see whats up

I had the same issues on my 09 xtx. Check out the "buttons" on the secondary clutch. The helix rides on them for backshifting and up shifting. Mine were wore out and missing 2 of the 3 of the bottuns. They are plastic looking things. Hope this helps

CJW said:
I had the same issues on my 09 xtx. Check out the "buttons" on the secondary clutch. The helix rides on them for backshifting and up shifting. Mine were wore out and missing 2 of the 3 of the bottuns. They are plastic looking things. Hope this helps
Never thought to look there. I usually go through about 2 belts a season. Did Buy 2 extra OEM belts from Port at the snow show.

Depending on how you run the flapper says a lot about belt wear, but I am generally pretty hard on it and have gotten 2-3000 miles before burning 8DN belts. You must have something mechanically wrong.

X3 on the OEM belt
My 09 XTX is pretty hard on belts also. and like Blizzard said, how you run the throttle is a big factor. Im on and off the gas a lot and believe thats my biggest problem. I believe Ulmer Racing has a clutch set up that is supposed to help tremendously.
They are a site sponsor, so give their site a check and let us know how things turn out.

Another thing you might want to check is how tight the secondary clutch spring is set. On my old warrior it never ate a belt until I tightened the secondary for quicker backshifting. Same day I did that went for a little speed run and destroyed the belt. Put everything back the way it was and no more issues. Put almost 12k km's on that sled.

I've had the same issue. I replace belts every year, always OEM 8DN, and the only time they explode is lake runs in 1-2' of snow at 3/4 to WOT. Only place. Never shredded a belt anywhere else on my nytro in 4 years. I just quit doing wot lake runs.

HRD2PLZ said:
I've had the same issue. I replace belts every year, always OEM 8DN, and the only time they explode is lake runs in 1-2' of snow at 3/4 to WOT. Only place. Never shredded a belt anywhere else on my nytro in 4 years. I just quit doing wot lake runs.

I blow them up in your neck of the woods all the time. But yes usually at WOT on the trail. :o|

Back