• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

October Issue of Sno West - Apex Mountain comparison

tmk50

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I got my October Issue of SnoWest today. They had some good things to say about the Apex Mtn - and they even compared it to the 900 two strokes this year. Each year they have moved it up a class it seems like.

Anyway here is the quote at the end of the comparison between the Apex Mtn, King Cat, and RMK 900:

"But given our druthers, each of the SnoWest testers (seven of us) would take the Apex Mountain home with us this fall"

I nearly fell out of my chair - SnoWest typically does not have good things to say about Yamahas.

I did! Ouch!!!! ;)!

Can't wait to see what mine will do against all my friends Summit 800X
and one M7 162...

Did I read right?? They actually prefered the Apex for boondocking!!!! (the best combo of the bunch) WOW!
Except for a small few who understand and stick up for the Apex all I hear on snowest is how crappy these sleds are going to be (yes, mostly from those that don't have a clue).
I think there are a lot of people waiting to see if the hype is correct. When they see that it is, Yamaha had better get ready for the stampede!! :4STroke:

Every magazine is SKI DOO lovers i hate it always talken to highly about the REV in 3 years it really didnt change a hole lot. Id love to see YAMAHA kick there asses on the trails/mountains/ SNO CROSS track!!!

I was at the Edmonton snowmobile show today, where you could see and sit on all 4 manufacturers big dogs at one time.
As far as looks, comfort, and finish on the sleds go.......the 3 North American manufacturers have a big problem on the horizon. If these Apex's boondock as well as even SOME of the magazine guys say .... it ain't going to be pretty for the 2 stroke crowd.

I have a buddy that lives here in SE MN but only rides out west (he can afford to go 6 times a year). I went with him last year to Northern Utah. Being a flat-lander I left my Viper at home and rode a friends '03 RMK 151" 800 with NOS. It was my first time riding in the mountains so my opinion may not be as credible as some others but I've been riding sleds since I was six years old. The power out of the 800 was less than stellar even when you hit the NOS. It was more impressive than the 900 RMK 166 in the group (very slow and heavier) however. It may have been the way he had his suspension set up but I thought the overall ride quality was terrible. It was pretty light but still seemed hard to manuever. Anyway, back to my point...To spend $2500 on a NOS system that you have to refill all the time seems ridiculous when you can have the already stellar power of the Genesis Extreme 4 stroke and then add a turbo and have the power there all the time instead of hitting a button. Then add in the rider forward ergos which to me would be very beneficial for mtn riding, EFI for constant altitude compensation, and very good reliability. Every time I bring up these points to my Mtn riding buddies I get the same response..."It's too damn heavy". I wish I had the jing to buy an Apex Mtn (that would look nice next to my Attak) just so they could ride it just once and see the expression on their face when I kick their #*$&@ up the hill :4STroke: You Apex MTN owners are gonna have a blast this year...Do me a favor and show everyone who the new king of the hill is ;)!

P.S. We were out there for 10 days...I honestly believe I would have had more fun on my new Attak then that Pile of Sheet Polaris.

P.P.S. I feel sorry for anyone who bought a '05 900 RMK...you have to be very disappointed in that kind of performance out of a 900 cc motor. Every 700 in the group would walk past that thing up the hill.

I don't know where he spent $2500 for a NOS system. You can get a Boss wet NOS system for around $700. But you're correct, still have to keep fillilng them up so.

I should have clarified...He bought 2 bottles, the refilling station (big bottle), and the Boss seat that fits the NOS Bottle. Package deal from Hoppke Racing...I was there when he bought it and I'm pretty sure it was around 2200 to 2500. Total waste IMO

Evidently the guy with the '05 RMK had poor setup. My wife's '05 151" with my dealers setup and mods listed my signature could easily out highmark my '03 RX-1mtn (with me riding both) :o| .

That is the main reason I put the 162" track the RX-1mtn this summer rather than waiting until I bought the super charger. You put the sleds on the trail though and it's a different ball game. My sled will walk all over the RMK 900. Problem is I didn't buy either machine for trail riding. :ORC Definately can't wait for the time comes that I get the SC. ;)!

Back