• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Off-Season Maintenance

tapp1

Expert
I think the season is just about done in my neck of the woods. My 08 Nytro has roughly 3800 miles on it. This fall I did the grizz gusset kit and new MPI bushings up front.

My plans are:
  • detail machine
  • new copper exhaust donuts
  • new slides(easier to change on sled using reverse method or skid off on bench?)-still on stock ones, btw!
  • rebuild/revalve shocks
  • clean clutches
  • go through idler wheels-check for wear/bearings
  • check driveshaft/jackshaft bearings-Easy way to tell if they need to be replaced?
  • swap tracks-I have a corba on the sled(arctic cat p/n), but its a single ply and want to stud. If anyone is interested in the track let me know. Its a 128 btw.
  • fuel med the gas
  • battery tender

Let me know if I am missing anything!
Thanks.

I'd go through all the electrical connections, clean if needed and apply dielectric grease.

Whats the thoughts on backing off the track tension for the off season? and storing the sled with the suspension hanging?? 1 new thing on my list is a couple small plastic containers with holes in the lids and moth balls stored in the lower panels for those pesky wire munching mice....

I use dryer sheets, stuffed into all the entry holes to keep the mice out. Never had a problem.

Definitely raise the rear end, especially those of us with the 1.75 track.

Change the engine and chain case oil, and after running your fuel treatment, change your spark plugs. Also use a good leather cleaner/conditioner on the seat.
Depending on your storage location, if it will be exposed to much humidity, I'd remove the panels and spray everything with a storage oil such as this:
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/o ... 2famh.aspx

There are many different kinds, and good 'ol WD40 works well too, but it will keep the corrosion on the bare engine and aluminum surfaces down, and keep it looking its best!

nate007 said:
Change the engine and chain case oil, and after running your fuel treatment, change your spark plugs. Also use a good leather cleaner/conditioner on the seat.
Depending on your storage location, if it will be exposed to much humidity, I'd remove the panels and spray everything with a storage oil such as this:
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/o ... 2famh.aspx

There are many different kinds, and good 'ol WD40 works well too, but it will keep the corrosion on the bare engine and aluminum surfaces down, and keep it looking its best!
X2 i soak a rag in wd40 and rub down everything and spray coat everything i can see with the panels off, after a good pressure wash...

Back