• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil change,Front frame removal and starter removal Pics

Agreed!

In the post I commented on yesterday, I wasn't sure which bolt you were trying to "flip".

Cannondale,
You are a god who walks upon common men......

Way to go Steve!

Great Thread Cannondale. Speaking for many of us, This reallys helps out in understanding what lies ahead in oil changes. I purchased a manual, but this post actually does a better job. Maybe because my manual is in Japinese. lol just kidding.

Question: Was there a service bulletin on the Starter issue? Mine went back to the dealer for a front end service bulletin. Was there anything else that was "serviced" or should I say RECALLED, besides the front end steering issues?

I believe if your starter failed they would replace it.Not before.So better to fix it indoors than have it fail riding somewhere.Pretty much everything other than your steering recall which actually was quite a few things more done under that recall is on a as needed basis.They fix it if it breaks.

I have a Quaker State strap type oil filter wrench. Will this type of filter wrench work if I don't split the sled in two?

I thought I read somewhere last winter that it wouldn't.

Thanks.

I think it would.If not just use a channel lock and as always tighten the filter with your hand.No need for a wrench.

Why not just remove the upper lines - and use the engine oil pump - to pump it out?

Great Post - Just wanted to say thanks for that.
Changing the oil and filter on the apex's pretty much routine now but then I decided to tackle my sons FX.
I managed to get a glimpse of the filter before finding your post. 45 mins later = all set. Great job!!
You are right though - invite the buddies around when youve pulled the front off!

You mentioned earlier that you had pictures of this procedure, can you post them?

oops, don't know how I missed em, think maybe I wasn't logged in and they weren't showing up...

This is a great post cannon but for people doin an oil change I didn't see anywhere it says to drain any oil from the motor or the tank and where to fill, and how much in each place. Just lettin you know cuz a couple my buddies with fazers ask me about oil changes so I send them here.

True.Removing front end isnt in the manual though.

Drain oil from motor and tank and add oil to the tank refering to manual for amounts.

Back