• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Reservoir tank

Pretty much everyone! (well not quite) The lucky ones catch it before it costs an engine. My RX cracked and I caught it in the fall. I tried to be pro-active on my RS and was going to mount the tank on rubber grommets, and I cracked it while drilling the holes.

Not sure if it is still out there, but there was a guy making absolutely beautiful welded aluminum tanks, selling on ebay. They were a little pricy but cheaper than an engine.

Pretty much everyone! (well not quite) The lucky ones catch it before it costs an engine. My RX cracked and I caught it in the fall. I tried to be pro-active on my RS and was going to mount the tank on rubber grommets, and I cracked it while drilling the holes.

Not sure if it is still out there, but there was a guy making absolutely beautiful welded aluminum tanks, selling on ebay. They were a little pricy but cheaper than an engine.
Ya I saw that but couldn’t find order or price. I did order one from partszilla $260 with tax.

Mine started dumping oil in the middle of a trip up north in Ontario. Made it to a dealer on the trail. They didn't have a new tank in their stock of parts, so they swapped out a tank from a sled in the showroom. That dealer was very accommodating. However, cost me a few hundred dollars for something that clearly should have been a recall issue.

Back