• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil tank removal?

low slung

TY 4 Stroke Master
Just put my brothers 06 NYTRO away for summer when i noticed a small leak coming out of the oil tank close to the mounting bracket which holds the tank on.I want to know can i replace the tank without worrying about a air bubble in the oil line at the bottom of the tank?Been reading about a few folks on here cleaning the filter screen at the bottom of the tank.Is there anything special i should look out for?

I took the tank off an 2003 RX-1 to get the end of the oil sensor back (fell off in there). Maybe I am wrong, but I wouldn't worry about it. If you do worry, take a look at bleeding the system in a service manual.

The oil tank on my Vector cracked and I didn't even think about air bubbles. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Except for the stupid tank that cracked...

Thanks guys.Plan on doing it in the fall along with a oil change.Seems the crack is caused by vibration from the engine through the soild mount for the tank.A little bit of silicon behind it should stop it from happening again on the new tank.

Back