• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ok need answers on intake

I seen and read bens post on the cold air intakes on these sidewinders and have avoided getting one because I’m not ready to have my sled flashed (warranty). I have cr racing resonator exhaust and 1800 ft above sea level .
My question is , is there anyone out there running and intake and exhaust WITHOUT a tune and not having issues ??? I’m seeing more and more people on other social media and people I know are running both and not having any issues and sleds have ton of miles with both ?? Wondering if I should stick it out without it or pull the trigger

It will run. But if intake gives 10hp and exhaust 15 without having your fuel and air mapping changed you’ll only get Maybe 5-10 out of both and mostly just noise. You can get a power commander to accomplish all that too and it just plugs into main harness. It won’t allow boost changes and things like that tho.

Run some AFR gauges and then you will see whats going on with it.

Fueler is a good idea, but I believe you can get a flash for similar cost as fueler and not worry about dialing it in.

Why not just flash ECU and do it right?

the sleds mapping is lean to start with...you should either flash like something from TD ...say ecotrail....or add a fuel adder like a pc5...they are plug and play and available with the map in it from EXCELL both are highly recommended to safeguard and provide power

Understood and thanks for the advice !! I was just under the opinion from what I’ve read on this site that , yes you can run an exhaust or an intake without fuel adder or a flash but not both . So how is it so many are getting away with it and not burning down ? If someone Chime in with the technical side it would be great !!

Understood and thanks for the advice !! I was just under the opinion from what I’ve read on this site that , yes you can run an exhaust or an intake without fuel adder or a flash but not both . So how is it so many are getting away with it and not burning down ? If someone Chime in with the technical side it would be great !!
Being lean doesnt always burn down a motor with 4s.....(def with 2s)

So many out there may be running lean and just not know.

AFR gauge will tell you if its lean or not. I would not be running either of those items without a tune, why risk it.

Back