• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Old forge shootout results

Well maybe I'm reading this wrong my bad but don't they run in stock fourm first and then do dealer prep that would mean that 110 mph was on first run then the dealer prep was done and it ran slower at 103 mph I'm just going off what was in the very post.
First run is stock then dealer prep. Many times dealer prep results in slower runs because they get too aggressive with their clutching and end up loosing time because of spinning. When you race a set distance with sleds as powerful as the Sidewinder traction is the most important factor. When out on the lake and just going all out for long distances there is no doubt sleds like the Sidewinder will be untouchable.

The last two years racing a few guy just for fun in my area had some conflicting results. If I raced short distances in less than hardpacked conditions I had to be careful with the throttle or I would just blow the track. Now on roll ons at say 40 - 50 mph in good conditions it was lights out for anybody I raced because the mid range and top end on the Winder is unreal and I would hook right up and go.

What influence does the rider/ driver have?

Meaning: is there any drag racing skill involved? Is it just a case of pinning the throttle?

I thought I read a few years ago, it’s the same rider for all sleds? Or competing teams?

So each sled is run by itself, throttle pinned, timer is triggered.....whatever happens, happens? Is this correct?

And the staff tries to re position start areas to give equal conditions for all sleds?

Just curious....I’ve followed the results for years, but wondering about the mechanics of keeping it scientific.

Q. Arrius

LoL these test have their limitations. The idea is great ,the intentions are great. The track got beat up so bad you can't compare one run to another depending on when the run took place.

When I do performance testing I prefer to test on ice with perfect traction. We can repeat runs to hundreds of a second and to half a mph.

Then we see exactly the gains ...then final testing in snow to confirm clutching.
Yes but, entertaining none the less. It does emphasize the variability in less than ideal conditions though.
Any weight numbers?

c&p from another site:

Just got a text that one of our DooTalkers Blizard laid down 122 mph in 1000' there. Might of been the best of the day. Martin at Precision Sports does it again! 1200 Turbo at 20psi is a hard trail set up to beat.
They said he added $8000 adding turbo and goodies

You need to PLEASE read the results again. The first run the SRX spun like crazy and with the 1 inch track it's no surprise. The SRX ET was 10.315 and the 900T was 9.950. I know there is no way a 900T will compete with the SRX but in certain snow conditions and the massive power of the 998 may result in some really close races with much lesser powered sleds due to lack of traction. I know this from first hand experience since I have been riding a Winder since they first came out.
They didn’t have a thunder cat there which is same as SRX 1 in track lowered etc, they said no dealers have them yet so they ran the ZR 9000 limited with 1 1/4 track high suspension, it did get better ET than SRX, conditions were the same they ran back to back. Oh and the ZR spun to

Doesn't look like they weighed them this yr

They didn’t have a thunder cat there which is same as SRX 1 in track lowered etc, they said no dealers have them yet so they ran the ZR 9000 limited with 1 1/4 track high suspension, it did get better ET than SRX, conditions were the same they ran back to back. Oh and the ZR spun to

That 1 inch track on the SRX will result in some nice top end numbers but in snow the 1 1/4 track will hook so much better. Now studded for ice runs the SRX should really shine.

That 1 inch track on the SRX will result in some nice top end numbers but in snow the 1 1/4 track will hook so much better. Now studded for ice runs the SRX should really shine.
Yeah 1" seems to be good for +3mph on avg over 1.25 The rip1 is more flexible too then the rip2 design. Speed is good with this track. Hardpack does fine, but will not be a good trail track for many types of days IMO.

Doesn't look like they weighed them this yr
Poo 600,800,850 all around 485 lbs,Doo 600 ,850 Gades around 518 lbs ,600,800 Cats were 60/70 lbs more than the Poos .First thing they did was weigh sleds .

Yeah 1" seems to be good for +3mph on avg over 1.25 The rip1 is more flexible too then the rip2 design. Speed is good with this track. Hardpack does fine, but will not be a good trail track for many types of days IMO.
I remember putting the new at that time ripsaw 1 1.25" on my new 03 black rx1, and left the button track on the new 03 blue one. Blue one was 10 (relatively speaking) mph faster on top, but traction was non existent til I studded it. Blue one would run (for comparison only...) 128 mph on the speedo, but the black one never saw 120 again with the ripsaw. Interesting. Tracks make a huge difference in top end.

Back