• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ontario nytro riders?

basic700

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX DX 146
2015 SRViper XTX LE
2009 Nytro XTX
For those of you who ride or have ridden in ontario, am i going to be running out of gas all the time? Stock fuel tank with no way to carry extra fuel on my sled

almost 100 miles a tank, the light will be on telling me to feed it. Dubberville or Wawa idk for sure im not planning the trip im just riding along

I would be bringing gas with me that far north, you never know when places close or run out of fuel. It does happen, better safe than sorry. Many more gas stations farther south.

Zakre said:
I would be bringing gas with me that far north, you never know when places close or run out of fuel. It does happen, better safe than sorry. Many more gas stations farther south.
Alrighty thanks we are heading up there sunday the 11th is there going to be good snow?

Basic, go to ontarioconditions.com and have a look in the North section, they say there will be open trail until April!

you could also post about gas.

If you have any specific question you there are a lot of local guys there.

I just got home from running the big loop there were 3 times i logged more than 100 miles between stops i had extra fuel but did not have to use it but every sleds a bit different.

basic700 said:
For those of you who ride or have ridden in ontario, am i going to be running out of gas all the time? Stock fuel tank with no way to carry extra fuel on my sled

It's very easy to carry an extra 5 or 10lts of gas on an XTX. What I did was removed the usless plastic housing over the tail light, move the taillight itself a little further back, and put the exhaust turn-out on.

Carrying a gas can on the back like that is easy, and I have a can on there fairly often.

I've also carried up to 25 liters on the sled by strapping cans to the running boards.

Getting 100 miles with the stock tank is quite the achievement, and I would never plan a trip based on getting that. For one thing, even if you can actually get 100 miles, you never know if you might get turned around a bit, and need 110 miles to actually make your destination. Or you might run into a bunch of fresh snow which will reduce your range. Carrying extra gas when up north just makes sense.

I have the trail tank and filled up well over 30L on some stops. 28L tank would have got me walking. I gased up 7 times in one day alone with the trail tank. Don't ask how many kms I did lol.

Dan

Just got back from doing a 4 day loop from North Bay - New Liskeard - Timmins - Sudbury - North Bay. Trails were groomed and fast. Lots of 50 - 80 miles per hour running. Had our distances messed up and ran my 2010 nytro XTX out of gas 6 miles from shining tree. 124 miles and it was empty. Mind you the 2010 Ski-doo Renegade 800 ran out of gas 300 feet before mine did. Oh well!

Back