• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinions please on 1.75" Track

What track would YOU rather for some ditch banging/ powder riding/ transportation

• 1.5 inch paddle with 9 tooth extros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.75 inch paddle with 8 tooth extros

• OTHER

• Total voters
I've not looked closely at the protectors in my Nytro but if they are anything like the ones on my Vector, then they do not do anything for structural ridgidity. I wouldn't worry about pulling them out. They collect a ton of ice and the ones on top of the tunnel are only pop rivited in a few places. You'll need to grind the welds to pull the ones off the front of the tunnel.

Go take a look at the pictures in the parts catalog. The tunnel protectors are held onto the tunnel using a flimsy little sheet metal bracket. There is no possible way that they could affect rigidity.

snoxracer183 said:
I'm pretty new but from my experiences with Arctic Cats the last 10 years the mountain sleds are built for a different kind of riding obviously then the trail sleds. The M's had a lot less bracing in the tunnels and people that have done a lot of trail riding with them have experienced issues with tunnels bending. This was especially true when the first crossfires came out. They used the same tunnel as M's and there were a lot of problems with tunnels bending. In 08 they came out with a modified tunnel for the CF's with more bracing.

I guess what I'm saying is that there could be some truth to the Yamaha Reps statement. If you ride hard I would at least take it into consideration. I do not have my Nytro yet to actually look it over to see exatly just how much ridgidity the tunnel protectors add but these are just my words of caution.

I would like to add a 1.75" track to mine as well when I get it so I'm glad you get to be the guinea pig :)

The tunnel protectors do not affect rigidity. I pulled mine when I installed an 1.5 track in my Attak. They are VERY flimsy!!! and only held in by 2 rivits per bracket. No ill probs. However the track is not rubbing on anything anymore.

When I do it again I will go with the 1.75 and drop a tooth on the drivers.

After I posted I saw it was on the Nytro. OOOOOOPS, but as you stated it still has nothing to do with the rigidity of the tunnel.

We also pulled them out of my buddies FX-Nytro. Still not probs.

Back