• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Parking Brake

gcr3903

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 RX-1
First of all, I’d like to thank this site, and all the people that write in for their help. I’ve learned quite a bit just from reading posts. I know I’ve saved myself thousands of $’s by just doing proper PM. My parking brake on my 05 RS Venture never worked like it should. (Purchased with 250 miles)(6000 miles now) While greasing the jackshaft & drive bearings I thought I’d also change the chain case oil. While looking in that area I noticed the adjustment for the parking brake tension, was adjusted all the way out! According to my dealer, you need to buy the whole assy., there are no pads availble and the cost is $130.00 that seems a bit steep! :o|

Are you talking #34?

1780_brake.gif

It loooks like the parking brake mechanisim piggybacks the master or wheel cylinder[caliper], the pads are number 10. Is pads or adjuster the reason parking brake doesn't work?............Looked at microfiche again,I could be wrong. Why would they have to seperate systems for parking/regular brakes? plowking

The hydraulic caliper is on the top of the disk brake. The parking brake, which works with a cable as we all know, is on the bottom, or 180 degrees out. I have the same diagram and am unable to find the small one inch dia. pad. In all honesty, how often would this wear out? I never really used until last year. My $130.00 loss I guess.

better price

I found it for $80 at a place I bought a bunch of parts for my Venture motorcycle,they blew everybody else away on prices.I dunno if Im allowed to post the website here?PM me for the addy.
Steve

Back