• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Performance Damper

Dampers might do this, might do that but no feedback from users so I would give a try for $300 but not so much for $600 USD. Seems waaaaaay over priced. IMO

I believe American Snowmobiler gave a price of $500-600 and that was for one damper. I think they implied that there was only one damper. Maybe they only saw the one installed on the back bumper and didn't bother to look at the front one? $1200 for the pair-no way. I snow checked an Apex XTX and will probably be looking to sell the dampers at these prices.

These dampers would really have to accomplish something to warrant a cost upwards of $500. I haven't heard or read of any real rider reviews on them, so I wouldn't consider them at this time. Time for Yamaha to stop adding "tech" and weight to their sleds...time to reduce weight...how many times must this be said? Yamahas are HEAVY.

Great video. Hope price comes down to where I can justify adding to my Apex someday.

bankershrs said:
Great video. Hope price comes down to where I can justify adding to my Apex someday.

No Kidding! For that kinda $ they'd better dress them up with some decal or something other than that plain shock looking thing hanging off the back of our sleds!!

Wait that would be asking alot, sorry yamaha! Call it R-motion less :Rockon: :die :die

My dealer told me it was a $600 USD Spring deal value. I said well then let's hope Yamaha charges $300 per pair because $600 is a no go to the aftermarket. For $300 I would do it & hope for the best. We are only talking 2lbs for 2 dampers so the added weight is not an objection.

At these price$ i can see many rear ones getting stolen...front ones too if they have 2 more minutes ..

I mean think about it,how would you know if its the owner or thief removing them?

I would like yamaha to have a Try-Them-Out program.pay and go see if i notice ,if not give me my money back!

Just to expensive right now...imo :dunno:

We had one on our 2013 Apex LTX and it was really how crazy how you could tell the difference in the way the sled felt over the chatter on the trail. You almost have to ride one side by side to experience the damper.

Any difference in the corners compared to just adding a different sway bar?

Back