• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 phazer won’t stay running

7mw

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha phazer
Hey guys just joined I have owned my 07 phaser 5+ yrs and has been been a great sled with minimal issues

Always has had intermittent starting issues and last season it finally wouldn’t start for me

Sometimes it would randomly stop when idling then u would start it and it keep on going no problem

Just went through the painful starter ritual grinded and completely removed useless casting tab and changed my starter.

Topped up my oil and reinstalled my head light and looks like air filter front assembly. Plugged hose back in going from oil tank to housing etc.

Once I connected battery back I turned one click over and primed it I believe, did that once more, then cranked it over and it started

Then shut off 5 sec later on it’s own agian tried it takes a a second or two and turns over then shuts off shortly after

I have code 14 and 26 now showing with engine light and red light not sure what is going on now everything looks like this without the codes before I changed starter it just wouldn’t start at all before I changed it

Thanks agian

did you plug the tiny hose back in above the airbox?

Reactions: 7mw
did you plug the tiny hose back in
Yes I did and the large hose I didn’t get it complete all the way up as it such a hard spot but I got it seated good I feel is there any other hoses I’m missing ?

Yes I did and the large hose I didn’t get it complete all the way up as it such a hard spot but I got it seated good I feel is there any other hoses I’m missing ?
Now that I think about it Kevin there was one more small hose at the bottom of housing but I thought it was a drain line

the electrical plugs for the air pressure sensors plugged in, same sensor that the small hoses go to?

Reactions: 7mw
the electrical plugs for the air pressure sensors plugged in, same sensor that the small hoses go to?
I believe so there was two plugs and I connected them

for picture reference.

From what i have found on the codes:
Code 14: Intake pressure sensor hose problem.
Hose is detached, loose, plugged, pinched, etc on Cylinder #1.

Code 26: Intake pressure sensor hose problem.
Hose is detached, loose, plugged, pinched, etc on Cylinder #2

I believe so there was two plugs and I connected them
[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003c344f8700212fc841ef1/intake[/URL]

for picture reference.

Hose is detached, loose, plugged, pinched, etc on Cylinder #2

for picture reference.

Hose is detached, loose, plugged, pinched, et
Looking at the diagram hose #5 hose #31 I both reconnect to machine but hose # 29 I left hanging down

Looking at the diagram hose #5 hose #31 I both reconnect to machine but hose # 29 I left hanging down
Is it possible the sled lost oil prime from losing oil out the starter ?

On bottom of each sensor that goes in the airbox that those electric plugs go into there is small hoses that go on bottom of each. very tight to see.

did you plug the tiny hose back in above the airbox?
Hmmm I believe so hose #5 you are referring to?

On bottom of each sensor that goes in the airbox that those electric plugs go into there is small hoses that go on bottom of each. very tight to see.
I don’t recal a small hose under each I will double check for that !!

I get a sense more of what you are talking abt now I don’t think I removed the sensors but I will need to go double look
Wish I could see those hoses in the schematic btw ty for all the help !

Back