• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer cylinder head removel

B-Rad

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr viper
Can any one tell me if you can pull the head off of a 07 phazer to change head gasket with out pulling the motor out??

Yes I believe I heard you can but it was not recommended. Pull the motor and do it on bench is what they recommend.

Thats what i thought!! Did you ever dyno yours with the intake and exhaust and power camander??

Just exhaust and Power Commander. Its the Aaen dyno sheets posted here. That was my sled. She is pretty much stock now other than suspension. Never did get that ported head on there. Still waiting for reason to go into motor!

I was wondering about that since i got to open it up?? Thanks for the info ill see if i can find that aaen post. I saw some where almost a 12hp increase with exhaust intake and pc??

I can't see any reason to pull the motor to change head gasket? If there's nothing else wrong with the engine it's a easy job for a half decent mechanic (6-8 h). Just keep track of how the camshafts are located (make a good mark), unbolt the cam chain tensioner and be sure not to turn your cylinder head upside down when handling it (shims easily falls out). I recommend new bolts to the head as they can break when retorqued to spec.

Good info.. ill see what happens when i dig in to it in a few weeks. I was hoping some one may have did this already and could let me know. Im in no rush. Just something i picked up cheep!!

Back