• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer gear change question

ATV PRO #11

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Phazer XTX
Quesrion folks.

Doing a gear change from 19 to 20.
Noticed I’m getting water in case.
Cleaning gasket I believe it was from this:
I can’t remeber if I read if this was blocked it caused water to suck in from an oring somewhere when it cools down.

Can I blow with air?
Can I undo that bolt to let that drain out of there?
Does that go to reverse gearbox on other side of frame?

Attachments

• C043101E-F86C-4DE6-A151-034AD4614D5D.jpeg
    C043101E-F86C-4DE6-A151-034AD4614D5D.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 74

Update on this. I used zip tie to try and clear our hole/vent. Level went down but came right up. Then I blew air into it and same thing. Level just came back up.

Changing to a 20 tooth I had to pull bottom gear off to get chain back on but all and all was easy to do.

I got lucky with the gear. Ordered from dealer Monday. To be here Wednesday paying for air freight. I pulled apart Wednesday around lunch. Called dealer and low and behold it’s back ordered with no eta. Called up a local repair shop and was able to purchase a used off him.
Looking forward to testing it out. Will have to watch if I’m getting water in still and where. Have Incling it’s the jack shaft seal. Can’t see anywhere else it would get in.

Back