• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Rear Heat Exchanger?

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
Has anyone added a rear heat exchanger for their Phazer? The reason I ask is that my kids will be riding the Phazer this winter and we do not ride fast. I am concerned about it overheating and them being to young to notice the temp light. I know some of you are saying, then they are just too young. I get that, but I want to head out on to the trails and get some riding him. Riding around the house over and over is getting old. Thanks, Dana.

does your phaz have a radiator fan on?

mine didn't at first & if i stopped & idle'd awhile my light can on but then i just drove it for 10 sec & went off.
i now have a fan installed & have not seen the light come back on, even let idle for a bit. the fan kicks on as it should & have no issues.

as to your ?, no i haven't heard or read yet, anyone installing a rear exchanger.

Thanks. I put the fan in and have had no issues, but I ride faster that 20-30 as well. My concern was when the kids were riding it. I will work with what I have an not spend the money.

Boston RX1 said:
Thanks. I put the fan in and have had no issues, but I ride faster that 20-30 as well. My concern was when the kids were riding it. I will work with what I have an not spend the money.

Think you'll be fine with just the aux fan on there-

When my starter crapped out for the last month of the season I rode it by the PITA "rope around the clutch" method. We'd sit trailside for sometime and I'd just leave it running, never gave me any problems (have the fan too).

;)!

Boston RX1 said:
Sounds great. I get to save some money. Thanks for the information.

............. and no F#$%&* PITA hassle headaches.

Ride On

From what I remember before I got the fan update, the light was the warning to find cooling snow or shut down. If we were not able to cool it down it would shut itself down and protect the engine. This happened when it sat idling.

So if you are worried about them not noticing he light, I would not worry about that. It may freak them out that it died, but it will cool and start back up again without issue.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Scratchers

Scratchers are a huge help in keeping the sled cooler when it is moving. We trail rode a Phazer Mtn with 1.75" lugs last spring with scratchers. It ran cool and had no hyfax issues. A Venture without scratchers was melting its hyfax.

I would love to put scratchers on, but I can't find any that you can go in reverse with. I would like to mount them on the skis, this to me makes the most sense.

Get the cable style, just put them on/down when the kids ride. I put them on the wife's MTX and it ran cooler than my Nytro even in low snow with the 2" track. I made my own with some cable and other various hardware but definently work well.

The sled comes with exchanger and the rad. It part of the tunnel and that's it.

Aside from that as above you should have no problem with over heating.

The fan just screwing around the yard to move it during a hot summer day will keep it cool.

Back