• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer replacements

2stroken

Expert
I have an 07 MTX, an 08 RTX, and an 07 Venture lite. All have them have been relatively trouble free(I had the starter issue on the MTX) and I have pretty much done all of the upgrades on the 07 MTX. The one thing that bothers me is how challenging the snowmobile would be to work on outside of the garage. The fact I would have to have a 10MM socked and an allen wrench to do anything on the one side. So that being said I have been thinking about getting an additional sled. Do folks have suggestions? I really miss being able to pop the hood and get to everything extremely easily.

It never really crossed my mind when I had those sleds. The tools in your tool kit should allow you to access everything as far as removing panels. I did find it annoying that one side had hand Dzus fasteners and the other side you needed an Allen wrench.

It never really crossed my mind when I had those sleds. The tools in your tool kit should allow you to access everything as far as removing panels. I did find it annoying that one side had hand Dzus fasteners and the other side you needed an Allen wrench.
That is what I am kind of talking about, the 10mm bolts aren't captive. I don't know why they didn't use a fastner that did not require a tool for those. The other thing is a simple spark plug change, well isn't very simple. I just remember how easy it is to work on a VMAX700 or SRX.

It's not like the old 2 smokes where you needed to have spare plugs because of fouling or flooding. I never had to replace them in the field. They do last a long time. And if you do flood it, there is a flood clearing mode where you just hold the throttle fully open while cranking.

The lower panels are the only ones held by 10mm bolts and generally don't need to come out when trying to fix something in the field. The others are captive Dzus, either finger grab or an Allen.

A ski Doo 900 ace is about as reliable as it comes
How about something like a 2009+ Nytro? Seems like you can find 2007 phazers all over the place, seems like the 2008+ just dont come up for sale often. I wouldn't mind finding another phazer of 2, however I am pretty picky on the stuff that I buy.

Back