• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Riders Check Spindle Ovaling Where Ski Mounts

I had a discussion with UP bushman last year regarding his kit. Since he is no longer offering the kit, he gave me the OK to replicate it. I tested a few different materials this past season, but concluded that the stainless bushing and ski collar is indeed the way to go. I will likely be switching the offset spacers to a plastic as all the procross sleds use plastic. This should also help keep cost down as stainless prices right now are crazy high.

I had a discussion with UP bushman last year regarding his kit. Since he is no longer offering the kit, he gave me the OK to replicate it. I tested a few different materials this past season, but concluded that the stainless bushing and ski collar is indeed the way to go. I will likely be switching the offset spacers to a plastic as all the procross sleds use plastic. This should also help keep cost down as stainless prices right now are crazy high.
So are you selling these? I've got bushings that appear stuck inside.., if I rehash the bushing That the ski bolt goes through was 16mm and from what I can tell the spndle is 18 or 19mm? I tried tapping it out with an 18mm driver and heat no luck. I don't see a split in the bushing on either side.... And when I try to angle a punch in there it doesn't budge either. Next move will be hacksaw to make a split or just get a drill bit and drill... Not sure exactly what size od it is however?

I am working on this yet. Should have kits ready this fall.
When I saw that UpBushman stopped making these, I just went and ordered the stock bushings for a basket case VL I'm currently working on. I may tell the owner that I may have to hang on to his sled a little longer to do this or just send it for now.

When I saw that UpBushman stopped making these, I just went and ordered the stock bushings for a basket case VL I'm currently working on. I may tell the owner that I may have to hang on to his sled a little longer to do this or just send it for now.
What is the outside diameter of the bushings. I'm having a heck of a time removing these. I fear drilling is the next step

I think this is an old set of UP Bushman’s. .750 in OD.
D91D7F1B-89D4-4C79-B5B6-C5C1FFF9272E.jpeg

What were these kits retailing for at the end of his run? I saw a post from 2019 in which one member paid 135 shipped for 2 kits but wasn't sure if that did one sled or 2 sleds. Got some numbers back from machine shop so trying to figure out if cost effective to make. Looks like all new oem parts is roughly is around $74 list to do one spindle.

I now have a handful of kits in stock. Retail is going to be $150 per sled. Only notable change to kit is I opted for a plastic instead of stainless offset spacers to help keep costs down. All the vipers/sidewinder use plastic. I also increased the OD of the offset spacers a bit and lengthened them to eliminate the thin shim washers used with the OEM setup.
bushing kit 2.jpg

I now have a handful of kits in stock. Retail is going to be $150 per sled. Only notable change to kit is I opted for a plastic instead of stainless offset spacers to help keep costs down. All the vipers/sidewinder use plastic. I also increased the OD of the offset spacers a bit and lengthened them to eliminate the thin shim washers used with the OEM setup.View attachment 173987
Do you have a diagram on how that goes? I think I'm kind of in a mess I created myself couldn't get stock bushings out tried drilling at 18mm. I think I'm going to have to make my own kit oversize to 20mm-16mm sleeve now. These spindles are awful

I now have a handful of kits in stock. Retail is going to be $150 per sled. Only notable change to kit is I opted for a plastic instead of stainless offset spacers to help keep costs down. All the vipers/sidewinder use plastic. I also increased the OD of the offset spacers a bit and lengthened them to eliminate the thin shim washers used with the OEM setup.View attachment 173987
Is your kit direct fit for my 2012 FX Nytro 121" with Curve XS ski's?

Back