• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PHAZER WONT GO IN REVERSE AT ALL

kehodder said:
Rocking back and forth isn't an option for my wife and her MTX....she's a buck ten and can't get it to engage. Even I have a rough time and sometimes have to get off and lift the back end to get her to pop in.

My dealer is putting on a new belt and shimming the secondary.....This weekend will be the test if it works

The new belt (slightly wider I believe) and shim on the secondary worked great this weekend! Almost always pops right into reverse as it should! now when it doesn't (maybe 1 time out of 15) it barely needs a little rocking side to side and she clicks in.

Re: Maybee it will fix it?

Hayabusa said:
The reversedrive problem, there is an fix out!
Your local Yamahadealer has the fix, it contains a new beltdrive, and som shims for secundery variator. I got it installed by yamaha on my Fx, and now the reverse works fine!

Hayabusa or anyone who knows,

Not sure what you mean by "new beltdrive"? Are you referring to the belt itself or was something changed in the drive mechanism?

Also, re the belt screeching issue. Won't the screeching on engagement cause undo premature wear on the belt itself? It just does not seem right to me - I was out Saturday for 210Km and it screeched every single time that the machine moved from start.

Dealer tells me that Yamaha technician told him to use half a shim but he hasn't been able to find that in their parts listing? He also told me that they were supposed to have a new shaft available in 2008 but it hasn't materialized. Oh yes, and that the new type of belt on these machines is causing the screeching when the shim is installed. All seems so strange, disorganized, and willy nilly from Yamaha!

Isthatahemi said:
rfabro said:
Could you guys who have had the reverse updates done give me the name and location, and maybe the numbers, of your dealers? My dealer keeps telling me he can't find anything out about this update.

What about the belt schreeching? Is this happening to everybody with the update?

http://snowtechmagazine.com/?p=622

WTF?

Could you guys please give me the name and locations of the dealers who have done the reverse update?

I s Yamaha paying for the reverse repairs even if the '07s are out of warranty? I only have 900 miles on mine and I will be very upset if I have to pay for this considering it's a very common problem.

Back