• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

pic. plate for wet boot installed

saginaw_22

does anyone have a picture of the plate that goes around the
secondary clutch for the wet boot fix.....

I am having a hell of a time trying to get mine to match up.
The whole it matches up to is not threaded/ or even a hole.

There is a hole right next to it that has a whole to the tunnel but not the one that lines right up.
The bottom whole that lines up wont fix, because it needs to be bent
so that the plastic on the body panel.

any pics would be thanked

yeah I did do a search but couldn't find any pictures of any.

A link would be awesome.......

You may have it upside down? This may help.
DSC03125-1.jpg

its the metal piece under the secondary, it is bolted to the bearing retainer for the driveshaft so every sled has it for sure. you have to remove the plastic piece underneath as well to get access to the bolts. i noticed there was a small hole in the side of the bulhead around there as well that i plugged so that snow couldn't get in to start with. you can get it from the dealer, there's a bulletin on it.

towerrigger said:
You may have it upside down? This may help.
DSC03125-1.jpg

Yeah thats the pic I needed thanks.

Yeah I had it upside down...LOL

I think that someone should put this picture along with the wet foot stuff
in the FAQ'S.

I couldent say how it works without it, but in my case I have a soaked left foot everytime Im out :o|
Gotta get me another pair of shoes to get rid of the problem...

Tobbe... said:
I couldent say how it works without it, but in my case I have a soaked left foot everytime Im out :o|
Gotta get me another pair of shoes to get rid of the problem...
Same here, I had to spray my boots with a water proofing silicone spray. Was out today in the most powder I've seen in years and no wet foot.

wet boot no more

09 - xtx - has the plate under the secondary.....still major wet boot syndrome.

You can modify the sled, or you can get that brush-on tent waterproofing stuff. Brush it on your boots and ski pants and voila...no wet boot. This fix obviously does not stop ice build up on the running boards though.

I have prefilters on my sled and I still would get water on my left leg. But with deflector I get no moisture at all. Klime boots are the best for people looking for new ones.They are fully water proof.

first wet foot yesterday,both feet,was riding double with my 8 year old in front of me,had my old ski pants on which ride up my boots leaving the upper part of the boot (the cloth part)exposed,the water from between the seat and tunnel running down the outside of the tunnel down the edge of my exposed boot,soaked thru both boots and into my liners and socks ,this was in about 90 minutes of riding at a slow pace,with my good ski pants it doesnt happen,it just rolls off the legs of the pants,now that i know why it happened i will be careful to keep my feet out away from the tunnel when riding double with my old skipants,this was all on groomed trail,no powder riding at all

Back