• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picking up a 09 XTX Tomorrow, what's the perfect setup.

mrosenow

Extreme
Website
www.harrisonstreetmotors.com
I am sick of fixing my RX1 every time I have to ride it. Went to the dealer and got a song on a new XTX. I am 5'11", 190 lbs. What is the ideal setup for this sled? Are there any "must haves" that I should install.....taller windshield, etc.
I ride agressive trail. Not much lake running, little bit off trail.

...BTW, I have a nice RX1 long track with a 162" 2" paddle track for sale......Nice sled....now that I have replaced EVERY bearing in the darn thing.

Thanks,
Mike

I put a Cobra track, a set of C&A Razors with tripple points and I love mine!
As far as setup, every rider is different. If you are like me, adn ride agressively, the XTX is a little soft. and may need heavier srings or a shock re-valve. I love it the way it is now, just looking for future tweaks.
The track and skis made it a whole different machine, and worth every penny!

Please add your location to your site profile, per site rules..
Thank You.

i wouldn't go without my tall windshield and dumbo handguards. I agree about the c and a razors...they are awesome! I think they made a huge difference.
Absolutely no storage on that thing, which sucks, I'm ordering a windshield bag tomorrow
I just put my 10 gallon trailtank on tonight too, riding aggressively i only get 90 miles on a tank...I recommend it.

mrosenow said:
I am sick of fixing my RX1 every time I have to ride it. Went to the dealer and got a song on a new XTX. I am 5'11", 190 lbs. What is the ideal setup for this sled? Are there any "must haves" that I should install.....taller windshield, etc.
I ride agressive trail. Not much lake running, little bit off trail.

...BTW, I have a nice RX1 long track with a 162" 2" paddle track for sale......Nice sled....now that I have replaced EVERY bearing in the darn thing.

Thanks,
Mike

Yeah, a nice RX1 that needs fixing every time you ride it? :rofl:

[/quote]

Yeah, a nice RX1 that needs fixing every time you ride it? :rofl:[/quote]

....Bearing issues......I just replaced EVERY bearing in the entire sled, it is good for another 4,000 miles now.....Great sled, but it doesn't fit my riding style anymore.

I put the C&A Razors on as well with 6in stud boys. Absolutly awesome. Im an aggressive trail rider, and it made a night and day difference! Awesome skies! I came from a 800 renegade, and loved that fro handeling! just tired of the 2 strokes blowing up! I found my self not being able to keep up witht the guys in the twisty turns. Now I'm right on their asses again or going by them!!!!!

I put 250 miles on it this weekend. After about 140 miles I stopped at the dealer for a tall windshield. I can't believe that Yamaha puts that short piece of #*$&@ on this sled. How can they sell it like this?!? What a dissappointment for such a nice sled. This guy takes the bumps real well, but I think I get a much smoother ride from my long track RX-1. I will update how I like this sled after I ride it some more this weekend.

Please add your location to your site profile, per site rules.
Thank You,

mrosenow said:
I put 250 miles on it this weekend. After about 140 miles I stopped at the dealer for a tall windshield. I can't believe that Yamaha puts that short piece of poop on this sled. How can they sell it like this?!? What a dissappointment for such a nice sled. This guy takes the bumps real well, but I think I get a much smoother ride from my long track RX-1. I will update how I like this sled after I ride it some more this weekend.

You have to remember that this sled was based after a sno-cross sled so to put a grandpa windshield on it just would not look right!! I agree the taller windshield will be much warmer but just doesn't have the looks. I feel as long as they offer the taller one then they've done their part. Same goes for the ride. Even though it is the XTX it is still designed as a bump sled although not as much as the RTX so your ride will not be quite as compliant as a trail cruiser like your RX-1! You should get it fairly close though with some time and suspension tweaking! Good luck!

You have to remember that this sled was based after a sno-cross sled

Huh? From what I can see the XTX rear suspension is a short version of the MTX with tipped-up rails. No bump sled heritage there. That was my primary disappointment with the XTX in the beginning. But mine's much better now.

SB

stewartb, maybe I didn't word that quite right. The point I was trying to make is that the Nytro in general was based after a sno-cross type sled. I realize the XTX is not a full fledged bump sled that is why I stated that it was not quite like the RTX in that respect. My point for him being is that if you get the XTX or the RTX, your going to get a more aggressive handling and riding type sled as opposed to his former RX-1. For some people it takes quite a bit of time to get the suspension dialed in for their liking.

mrosenow said:
I put 250 miles on it this weekend. After about 140 miles I stopped at the dealer for a tall windshield. I can't believe that Yamaha puts that short piece of poop on this sled. How can they sell it like this?!? What a dissappointment for such a nice sled. This guy takes the bumps real well, but I think I get a much smoother ride from my long track RX-1. I will update how I like this sled after I ride it some more this weekend.

I ride -40 all the time with the small windy. All you needed was the dumbo ears to keep warm. Oh also a toque for your crotch.

Ha! I've had a tall windshield and side deflectors on since the beginning. If Yamaha or an aftermarket supplier comes out with an extra tall windshield? I'll buy a couple!

SB

stewartb said:
Ha! I've had a tall windshield and side deflectors on since the beginning. If Yamaha or an aftermarket supplier comes out with an extra tall windshield? I'll buy a couple!

SB

I'll take one too!

Back