• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pics of your handlebar bag

mooseflyer

Expert
I'm going to add an intercom/GMRS setup on my Venture this year, and need somewhere to stash the radio and intercom unit. I'm thinking a handlebar bag would be best (vs. the windshield bag). The Yami website has a few different styles listed, but no pics "as installed". I'm interested to see what you guys are using if you've got some photos!

PS - I had originally considered the tank bag, but after a forum search it seems there were complaints that it gets in the way while riding and also scratches up your tank (which isn't the end of the world I guess). I'm still interested in the tank bag, so if anyone has one and disagrees with the above complaints, please post your thoughts. Thanks!!!

I have a handlebar bag with lots of storage. I bought it and never even installed it. It blocked the line of sight for my boost/temp gauges. It is the same as the SnoBunjie bag. I think the brand is IPI.

I think they are in the $50+ range. I would like $40 plus some shipping if that works for you.

Attachments

• 100_0530.jpg
    100_0530.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_0533.jpg
    100_0533.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 117
I have a tank bag for sale in the classifieds if you go that route, but I think I agree that a handlebar bag would be best for you. I just ordered from sled solutions a "carryall". Not in yet, but thinking of moving my chatterbox 5 miler from my helmet, to this bag. Keep us posted on your solution.....with pictures. oh, and sled solutions has many choices of handlebar bags FYI

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

I got this handlebar pack with my new 06 GT and still use it today. It is perfect for what you need. I use a Moto-Comm helmet headset for tunes and FRS commo with my buddies that have the same. On either side of the pack are drawstring pouches like a water bottle holder and I put my radio in the left one.

The front pack is perfect for my iPhone and the big pack holds spare fuses, lighter, allen wrech, Dzus fasteners and my GoPro when I am charging it.

Thanks gents. Actionjack - I saw the bag you have on the Yammie website and that's actually what prompted me to start this thread due to their lack of pics. Thanks for posting some. Looks like it has plenty of storage, but do you find it TOO big/cumbersome? Did you originally have handlebar padding that you removed when you mounted the bag?

I came across this tank bag at Cabela's http://www.cabelas.com/product/Stearns- ... l+Products
I have no idea how well it would work (maybe there's a reason it's on sale), but the price is right.

PS - Actionjack - I'm leaning heavily towards the Motocomm unit - how do you like yours?

Bag works great for me without being cumbersome. Adding the riser lifts the bag higher prevent rubbing the tank tins.

Moto-Comm works excellent as music source for riding. In my limited experience using it as a communicator it worked well. We had cold weather battery issues and range varies wildly depending on terrain. Commo success is dependent on the quality of your radio equipment. Even at a trail side stop where you can see each other it beats having to remove helmet or hand gesture.

I hope to convince more of my riding friends to use radios and find a wireless bluetooth solution.

Back