• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

please help 04 rx1 4 carb

cole397

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 apex carb
I have 2 sleds with same problem.. hit the throttle and she won't open up.. just hesitates like crazy.. but I've cleaned carbs alot.. is there a trick I'm missing.. idles all day.. I try upload vid tomorrow

I know you said you cleaned them,buuuuut, gas gums up very fast now. Is this something that just started out after storage or did you have them apart for mods or something? Either way, the pilot jets on these are very small, they may look clean but you need to take them out and run a guitar string or bread twist tie wire through them thoroughly. Also make sure that one or more of the needles hasn't popped out of the plastic holder. One more thing to check is the coils arcing, easy fix with taking metal sleeve off and dielectric grease the rubber. My bet it is the pilot jets, unless you changed something prior to it running well....

Just a thought again... Could be the TSS. If it just sounds like it is missing the whole time it is pinned then it could be the TSS. If it bogs, probably fuel related...

If both sleds are having the same problem I'd be inclined to think possibly you have either clogged jets like mentioned above or really crappy gas. Have you drained the tank and put in fresh gas? If you know what your doing have you tried pulling the plugs, putting gas in the cylinder, and firing it up? That would help eliminate if you have a spark or fuel issue. I've never worked on an RX1 though so I don't know if it's like getting to the spark plugs on my apex, if so don't bother trying that, you'll spend all day.

Pull the pilots, toss them in the garbage, clean the rest of the carbs and you should be all set.

Back