• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Plugs for boosted Apex

desperado said:
mulot30th said:
my coils on my apex with the motec really have hard time sparking past 25 psi. I reduced the gap from 0.018 to 0.015... made it better... then upped the boost to 27... and missfiring started to show again. can't see what else would do it.

bad coils?? maybe... don't know.

But what is the IGN4 setup you are talking about?

IGN4 is the external ignition driver used to control the inductive coils. Make sure your overboost cut is not what is causing your issue: ADJUST -- FUNCTIONS -- BOOST CONTROL -- SETUP -- OVERBOOST CUT. It should be set at least 50kpa above the maximum boost you inted to run to avoid fuel cut on boost spikes.

My map sensor is 3 bar, I set overboost cut 300kpa... but on the replay is never got over 275-280kpa.

Spark dwell time are 12v=2.3, 13v=2.0, 14v=1.7... I don't know how much these coils can take for a charge, but on my race sleds with another ecu and ls1 coils, the charge time is WAY more than that.

I begin to suspect my problem is in lack of dwell time.

mulot, have you tried another set of stock coils? My supercharged Mustang was blowing out spark at 10psi WITH an MSD blaster coil!! Put on my old stock coil and it worked great! LOL

Back