• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Polaris M10 in an 05 RX1

winginit

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Nytro XTX 1.75
2005 RX-1
Anybody have any info about putting a Polaris M10 in an 05 RX1? I found lots of info about 03's but obviously a different animal. What modifications are necessary and has anyone posted any instructions for doing it?

Anybody have any info about putting a Polaris M10 in an 05 RX1? I found lots of info about 03's but obviously a different animal. What modifications are necessary and has anyone posted any instructions for doing it?
If you go to team fast web page the instructions are there , I have done 3 in 2006 Apex and made my own front plates , I have a templete for them , your rx1 is same chassis , do you have monoshock?

If you go to team fast web page the instructions are there , I have done 3 in 2006 Apex and made my own front plates , I have a templete for them , your rx1 is same chassis , do you have monoshock?
Thanks Paul, yes monoshock.

Best thing I ever did Cheapest way is to get the polaris skid out of an edge 2001-2006.
The monoshock skid is in need of some repair, including a control rod replacement, some bogies and questionably rails. Rather than put the money into a less-than-wonderful skid, was thinking now might be the time to go the M10 route as I see it being both cheaper and better all around. Been pondering it for years. I think I've found one in good condition at a reasonable price. I've never done a skid transplant on a sled so the first one is a little intimidating.

Im sure you will have questions dont be afraid to contact me , I have a template for the front brace we used left and right that you rivet on to tunnel,to support the front arm , the hole for the front arm is already in chassis, makes it easy for alienment and you move your rear bracket foreward a bit you can see on fast page any questions I will be glad to help , I can send picks of mine if you would like . Just let me know ,I also have my original skid in really nice shape if your inerested but If I were you I would grab the M10, the biggest part is removing yours IMO.

Im sure you will have questions dont be afraid to contact me , I have a template for the front brace we used left and right that you rivet on to tunnel,to support the front arm , the hole for the front arm is already in chassis, makes it easy for alienment and you move your rear bracket foreward a bit you can see on fast page any questions I will be glad to help , I can send picks of mine if you would like . Just let me know ,I also have my original skid in really nice shape if your inerested but If I were you I would grab the M10, the biggest part is removing yours IMO.
I also feel my front bracket is nicer than what team fast has, try to grab the mounting bolts with the skid also.

I also feel my front bracket is nicer than what team fast has, try to grab the mounting bolts with the skid also.
Based on the FAST install doc I verified the front holes are there as you said. Seem like their template is nothing more than a piece of metal with 2 holes drilled 25.55" apart. I'd be interested in what you did for the front brace. Not sure if you'd want to sell a set? :)

yes I would use mine as it is much nicer , if you have fab skills I could send you our templete, no problem , or we could make a couple plates , let me see what i have for material left , get back to you. You can send me Wed my number 315 749 3732 and I can get you pics of what I have , did, thanks Paul

Just glad to help, these are great sleds with a little messaging , had 2 Apexs for years just picked up 2 nytro xtxs this year, going through them now.

Back