• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

possible cause of vibration on 06rtx

170plus

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 polaris assault 850,18 sidewinder ltx,14 nitro xtx,06 apex rtx,
just got back yesterday afternoon from 5 days around gaspe,started in washburn sunday morning,went to new richmond that night through campbelton/point a la croix,on monday we went to the rock at perce then to grande vallee,tuesday we got up to find really cold temps and blowing snow,fresh 16" in the mountains from mont st pierre to st anne de mont,broke trail for about 25 miles til we met a group of 10 coming the other way led by an attak(he was in attak mode too,pretty white),thanks to him too,made it to matane that night,from there wednesday morning we went to cabano,enought cold and wind and snow for one day,yesterday we got up late and took our time getting home,crossed in escourt station back into maine and had great trails all day coming home,last tank of gas took me 138 miles, filled up in washburn and got 17.8 mpg,not bad but check out the ice i was carrying,suppose that would make a vibration ,lmao,3 yamahas in the group,04 rx1,06 vector and my 06rtx,all run flawless

Attachments

• DSCN00630001.JPG
    DSCN00630001.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN00730001.JPG
    DSCN00730001.JPG
    403.4 KB · Views: 90

I agree about the ice buildup causing vibration. While on my 1700 mile trip last week I found a very hard chunk of ice the size of a football stuck between the monoshock and the top of the track. It was very solid ice and it had wear grooves in it from the drive lugs on the track! Now I know why the damn thing was so loud and vibrated!!

Not only the RTX, the GT has the same problem. The solution is to put it inside every second night to melt the iceberg. I believe all sled that have exhaust inside the tunnel have that problem. Early this year there was a product which I pick up the name here at TY. This product was to reduce ice buildup in sled's tunnel. After testing, the result is less than desirable, so to me it failed. Maybe next, would be to insulate the exhaust with heat tape and insulation. It really too bad that is happying, because I really like the back exhaust.

my buddies vector was the same way after the trip so they all do it,when your on a trip like that ,most places dont have any place to put the sleds inside so it was basically out side the whole time,anything above 20degf and the problem isnt as bad but when its cold and you get good running for long periods of time it builds and cant come off,other than that the sled worked awesome so im happy

Welcome back Trevor,

Sounds like you had an interesting trip.

Any problems getting a lift across from Campbellton, to Point a la Croix?

I wonder how many people in the world have nearly the same photo of Perce.

Perceholeintherock.jpg

Great gas mileage.

Ice build up will do it! ;)!

I experienced the same problem in both of our GT's this past week in Quebec.. There has to be a solution to this. Vibration is one issue, but I don't care to carry around 20+lbs. of ice with me.. not neccessary, comeon Yamaha!

BADSLED said:
I don't care to carry around 20+lbs. of ice with me.. not neccessary, comeon Yamaha!

Install the rear heat exchanger. Eliminates the ice build-up and adds additional cooling.........problem solved.

Thaw out your tunnel and coat with Pam cooking spray. Helps to reduce buildup plus it's much easier to remove any clinging ice/snow.

YS

Anyone have a picture of there rear heat exchanger for the Apex Gt/ and how its hooked up... i have an extra rear heat exchanger from an Exciter coud i use that? may fit?
Thnx Richie :)

Hey 170 plus , that was our group that broke trail for you guys , our group was 6 , but everyone followed after we broke it open !
COLD , blowing snow , white outs , til wednesday then sunny and cold.
We did the loop 2500k , Levis , Gaspe ,Percy, New Richmond etc. , all good !

BUT , when we got back to Levis , Comfort Inn , 4 Trucks / trailers gone !!! My 2006 Denalli and 2 place trailer , 2005 Duramax and my 4 place trailer also ! GONE!!!. I now am driving a Discount Rent a truck/ cube van , until insurance settles ! Had to scramble to get 6 sleds , gear and us all home !

Back