• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power commander pcv auto tune censor bung location.

Justinthemnytro

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris iqr 600
2013 nytro mtx 153 supercharged 180.
2012 yamaha nytro xtx (burned)
2009 polaris iqr 600(burned)
i recently bought an exhaust joint with a censor bung welded into it. Just wondering if that's a good spot, because trying to find someone that will weld a bung on my exhaust around here is not plausible. I have a nytro mtx with a mpi 180 factory superxharger and it has the gems system. Which I do not like cause I don't know how to tune it. I want a pcv with auto tune so it doesn't miss a beat.

Where in the exhaust would this bung be? Can't understand from your description. With that said mine is in the mid pipe just before muffler ( my hindle came set up with the bung welded in)

It's not in the mid pipe it's on the exhaust joint. Right up against the engine.

Yea that's what I was thinking. But it's the flex joint that connects right to the engine. I will get a picture soon.

Thats only going to give you info from one Cylinder not the entire engine as its running. Cars have 02 sensors after the headers when all the pipes come together for a reason.

Yea that's what I figured and was told before but I thought it would work. Ohwell.

I think your going to have to find someone to weld or braze you in a bung, needs to be just before the compressor inlet to the turbo or anywhere after the turbo exit toward the muffler. Stay about 6" away from the turbo in the pipes at least, the turbo can sink heat or retain it and skew the sensors feedback.

You shouldn't leave the auto tune on full time. Run the sled and let it plot a map, then you just run the map for the day or for a month, as long as the ambient temp doesn't change more than 10 degrees you should be good.

My bung is just before the muffler also.

You will love the PC5 w/auto tune. ;)!

I would never think about using a Gems after having auto tune!!

Hello Brent, how are you doing? Are you healed up from your little accident last winter?

When you said "Need a pc5 auto tune" did you mean YOU need one or that you had one to sell him? Just trying to figure out what you were saying.LOL

Yea thanks nydiver I'll have to get a new header. Whichever fits the skins super q under tunnel exhaust. And I have a s/c not a turbo so I think it's right after where the header becomes one pipe is where I should have it put on right?

Back