• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power surge turbo

IAVECTORGT

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Arctic Cat ZR 8000 El Tigre
Pardon the dumb question I'm about to ask but what all comes with the turbo kit? How many pounds of boost? And can the boost be adjusted with this kit without purchasing something else to adjust it? I'm still trying to decide if I wanna trade my apex in on a turbo viper or not! Thanks for the replies!

Our 2015 SPS turbo's came with everything but clutching. Maybe the 2016 include clutching, I'm not sure?? The boost is electrically controlled by the EBCM that's including in all 2016 kits. This year they call it "all elevation kit" rather then a mtn kit and and trail kit. Its a 190hp kit with the EBCM to control boost to keep reliability for long term. Sure you can go more HP with other kits but keep in minded Yamaha needs to keep some restrictions on the boost and feel good about there warranty as well. MPI 's kit is a well built kit with very good instructions and comes with outstanding customer support I cant see why I would ever want to or need to adjust it up higher, with this chassis, motor, and turbo is the prefect back country sled and will do anything you ask of it. I like the fact that its Yamaha endorsed and we still have our 5 year warranty by leaving the 190 kit alone. Do some research on how Yamaha and MPI has tested this set up and I think you will be impressed, It sold me.

Back