• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PPG or Dupont paint codes

doc

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Apex , 2013 Apex
I am would like to paint the wind deflector / mirrors that mount on the sides of the hood to put on my red 06 RS Vector . I searched and found Colorite codes , but they don't seem to cross to PPG or Dupont . Does or has somebody found something close to those , or have paint codes for them . I do know you need red and silver to get the right color combo according to search results . I just don't like the looks of those black things on the candy red , just doesn't look right and looks cheap ! If not misstaken it's the same candy red on 05 RX , Apex , and RS , possibly more , any help greatly welcomed !! Thanks Doc !!

i work at a NAPA store and we deal in dupont if u can give me the code that u have i can use my computer and teck lines to see if we can get a hit i have a candy red 06 attak and would like to paint my a arms next spring

Color Rite paint codes ..... Red - 5253 , Base - 1253 , mt cousin the bodyman doing the painting thought Color Rite was a little spendy , my cousin thought PPG or Dupont might be less money . He couldn't find a crossing number . The other thought was computer match the hood with something that reads the color , not a painter so I'm not sure it'll work .

sorry man colour rite is like a yamaha only colour typeof thing i have acandy apple red 06 attak and i have accesses a paint scanner at one of my "sister stores" i need to do my a arms so when i have time i am going to take my hood down and see if we can findone really close (usually 99% match) i will keep you informed, i called directly to dupontand the guy had heard of the manufactur but no luck on a cross

Back