• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

primary clutch shaft??

rough rider

Expert
Did anyone or has anyone ever removed the shaft from engine that holds clutch on a vector motor, I think I might have a bearing issue, I see that the assy lookes like it is held in place with 4 bolts, just wondering if that unit will pull out of case halves. looking at michro fishe pictures lookes like that comes out as a assy. ?

I find it unlikely (though it is possible) that you would have a bearing issue with that engine. What problem are you having? Excessive rattling at the clutch? If its just rattling too much, then not to worry, its normal, and shimming up the spaces in the clutch will reduce it.

shaft

the vector moter does not have gear reduction. the clutch is bolted to the crank shaft. and L B is right the sounds that you hear are probaly comeing from your clutch. there was a kit offerd at on time to take up the slack in the sliding towers (ie shims to go behind the sliders) to reduce this sound.

Some people are of the opinion that the "noise" that sounds like a clutch rattle, are actually a rattle in the internal gears(?) inside of the Vector motor. These same guys have been in contact with some one (?) inside of Yamaha who are in agreement as to the source of the "Noise". Now, I am not saying that there isnt any rattle in the clutch, some guys I know have removed the clutch and still heard the same "rattle" only it was a little quieter.

Back