• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Proactive CK Skid - softening ride question

Yeller

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
If I loosen the front center spring I know it will take weight off of the front skis but is this it's only purpose (pitching weight on or off the skis)? Will loosening it soften the ride? I'm 160 lbs with gear and the rear springs are on soft and when I get on the sled the supsension doens't even move.

rik said:
If I loosen the front center spring I know it will take weight off of the front skis but is this it's only purpose (pitching weight on or off the skis)? Will loosening it soften the ride? I'm 160 lbs with gear and the rear springs are on soft and when I get on the sled the supsension doens't even move.

Yes, they'll ride noticably better with no preload there.

Loosening the front skid spring will ADD weight to the skis - the front of the skid will no longer be supporting as much weight. Tighter front skid spring ads weight to the front of the skid - removing it from the skis in the process.

if you have ever pulled up the limiter trap and not loosened the center spring afterwards.......she will ride harder fro sure.

I'm heavy and my new Nytro works best with almost zero preload on the center spring.

center spring and shock is the most important on the sled as far as ride and handling.

The center spring should be run as loose as possible. On every torsion spring suspension from Polaris to Cat I have I owned the center spring was always set to near zero preload, just enough preload to prevent the spring from being loose.

<<<The center spring should be run as loose as possible. On every torsion spring suspension from Polaris to Cat I have I owned the center spring was always set to near zero preload, just enough preload to prevent the spring from being loose.
>>>

Ditto, here too, but with the assumption the sled is being set up for trail. Drag guys do use preload, gives the sled a point to rock back on for max weight transfer - or at least to have some control over the degree of transfer they're after.

Went out to the garage and dropped the preload on the front spring. Now I can actually grab the rear bumper and push down and the suspension compresses. There's hope for me yet. Thanks again.

Back