• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weight transfer with snow trackers

Snow Trackers made a huge difference. Typical spring conditions today. We had a lot of rain yesterday followed by a temp drop so snow was hard as cement. Stayed cool all day so it didn’t soften up. So couldn’t push too hard before the sliders started smelling like hot glue. So can’t comment on push yet. But the darting was dramatically improved.

I’ll be interested to see what changes removing that .5 shim will make. Waiting on the shim pack to arrive. Spring may come first so that may be something for next year.

For the short season here in Midwest this year I was running semi-agressive SnoTrackers on Cat skis. I decided on semi based on this site saying agressive is too much on Cat skis. Without allot of time to try to dial them in, what I can say is the semis are not aggressive enough. I had my toe at zero. Even had my center shock at pretty light. Front shocks preloaded very light. Still not enough ski pressure to negate push even on good hardpack snow. Coming into corners they just would not turn. My comparison is Stud Boy 9" Shapers which would go exactly where I pointed them.
So my dilemma now is to see if the changes I made in suspension will solve this or to try aggressive SnoTrackers or go back to 9" Shapers?
Did you try loading the front shock springs more? Why the 'very light' setting.

Snow tracker recommended taking a lot of the weight off the front skis with the aggressive trackers.

I didn’t get to drive the sled to hard yesterday, but in the hard almost solid ice snow I didn’t experience any issues to suggest it was too light. With the eps it was fantastic actually. Hopefully these setting hold up during more typical conditions as well.

Edit: sorry 74 Nitro I thought that was directed at me.

One of the changes I made was to increase ski pressure. I left center shock in rail pretty light. Also wanted to try front shocks dampning up at middle setting instead of lowest setting.
Ran out snow so never really had a chance to test my changes. Next year.
I now have setup that favors ski pressure which is contrary to my setup for the 9" shapers I took off. Shapers are so aggressive I could really reduce front end pressure and sled would still rail through turns. SnoTracker recommended reducing ski pressure.

Back