• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Problem to get into reverse?

Chris600

Expert
Now I have put together my Phazer. But now when I tried to get it into reverse the R lanmp just blinking. If I hit the trottle I can see that the track is movin backwards but if I am tring to get higher rpm the ECU cuts the trottle. And I can´t switch back into Drive...I have to kill the enginge and start again then it goes forward.

Any ideas?

All the test is made in the garage with track in the air

I did find the problem...it´s the sensor that should indicated that the gearbos is in reverse that is broken. I don´t get any signal when I push the small pin on the switch...as I have understood it should connect to ground then.

Good news! The ECU just does not know its switched so it will limit the RPM's.

Yesteday I found out that it was not the sensor ( I had missunderstood how the sensor worked, that´s why I thought it was broken. I measured between chassie and the connection on the sensor = wrong)

But I did found the problem and that was the sec. shaft that was not in place..it was a bit too faar to the right which made that a gear in the gearbox was not in place => the fork could not fully reach it reverse position and press on the sensor.

No it´s fixed and everything works OK

Glad its fixed.

Now let's get some pictures of that phazer on the snow!

yamahas said:
Glad its fixed.

Now let's get some pictures of that phazer on the snow!

This weekend I will go for the first testrun. Hopefully everything work OK...and hopefully I will have some pics and mayby some videos :)

hey chris i have the same issue with my 07 MTX. would you be able to elaborate on the fix a little. i must either rockside to side or lift the track to engage and i would like to fix it. thanks.

rayauletta@gmail.com said:
hey chris i have the same issue with my 07 MTX. would you be able to elaborate on the fix a little. i must either rockside to side or lift the track to engage and i would like to fix it. thanks.
I think Chris had an issue with something not quite assembled right. What you describe may be different and seems like it is the common problem with the Phazers and there's lots written on here about the issue and solutions. What year is your Phz? Does your reverse work sometimes without having to do the okey pokey? One thing that Yamaha did was issue a different drive belt back in 2008 that helped; they also added shims in the secondary; and some guys have made adjustments to the chain tension I believe. Do a search and you'll get lots of info.

07 MTX. happens pretty much every time i switch from f to r or vice versa. initially was intermittent, but now every time i change direction. I will check this site for more info and possible solutions. thanks.

Back